"marchitecture"

Killer-Kris said:
digitalwanderer said:
I kind of like the Inquirererer, they're not scared to run with stuff that is totally wrong and impossible!

Besides, they're right sometimes and when they are they're generally first...not to mention even when they're wrong they sure do provoke a lot of good discussions all over the web.

I like 'em, they shake the tree. 8)

Translation: They're a lot like most holy books, they can be enlightening, just don't take them too seriously. :D Right?
A very good analogy indeed!
yep.gif

MARCHITECTURE The "seamless" union of architecture and marketing, exemplified in the long-running "chip wars" over "clock speed" and such campaigns as "Intel Inside"
PUZZLED BY INQ slang, jargon or roadmap terms? Then this page is for you. We want to make this page as comprehensive as possible, and need your help. Any terms puzzle you? Figured out the meaning of a term which should be shared with other readers? All contributions are welcome and should be sent to....

Toungue in cheek should be taken that way and not some higher order personal bias applied. It's quite clearly a "fun" term as are the others. people should lighten up or vote with there browser.

What pisses me off is that some people actually take the Inquirer seriously. That news post makes it clearer than any of their incorrect rumors ever could.

Chalnoth said:
What pisses me off is that some people actually take the Inquirer seriously. That news post makes it clearer than any of their incorrect rumors ever could.

Chalnoth, well you can include me in that then. ;)

Seriously, you're taking it all waaaay too seriously. The Inquirer doesn't dance the NDA dance, and they publish anything they come across - so very often they are the source of advance information; just as often they are publishing misinformation.

It's a site that serves best for those who can provide their own, mental, news filter. For those who freak out when they've 'been told' something, and then that news turns out to be incorrect, well, you're best off at the more traditional tech-news sites.

I like The Inquirer quite a bit - they don't take themselves too seriously, in an industry where tech sites are often as much used as PR machines as anything else they're not afraid to criticize, and when they DO get real information it's the first place you'll hear it.

Your response to the initial 'what is marchitecture' question tells me it might be best if you just stay far far away from that site. ;)

Well, quite unfortunately, my staying away from that site won't keep it from impacting my time here on the forums. Way too many people seem to put way too much stock in what the Inquirer says. Me, I don't think they have any more information than your average avid forum poster/reader has. So I don't see the sight as being even close to remotely useful.

See, not caring about NDA's means that nobody's going to trust them with actual information.

It's fun to read though. I totally get a kick out of it.

It just seems like whatever they're doing is happening so fast they couldn't possibly slow down for an instant to see how horrendous their spelling or grammer is. One of the reasons it puts a smile on my face to see what headlines they come up with each day. :)

VOLE "I am a Vole and I live in a hole". Microsoft

In other words Vole = Microsoft. WTF?

I don't know why but this is the one that really annoys me in every article it appears in... I wouldn't mind these little nicknames so much if they didn't drive them into the ground daily in a transparent effort to 'spread' them.

Gnerma said:
VOLE "I am a Vole and I live in a hole". Microsoft

In other words Vole = Microsoft. WTF?

I don't know why but this is the one that really annoys me in every article it appears in... I wouldn't mind these little nicknames so much if they didn't drive them into the ground daily in a transparent effort to 'spread' them.

But it works, see. The Inquirer went from Nothing to Something in remarkable time. They get the scoop. They are generally correct. They get fed all kinda of stuff. And part of their marketing, part of their brand, is these catchy nicks and phases that they sprinkle about their news.

And look what it got them, A thread on a message board solely about them. You can pay for this stuff (mostly because Dave deletes the paid placements).

Genius I tell you Genius. Second only to Apple Ipod campaign machine.

Aaron Spink
speaking for myself inc.

aaronspink said:
But it works, see. The Inquirer went from Nothing to Something in remarkable time. They get the scoop. They are generally correct. They get fed all kinda of stuff. And part of their marketing, part of their brand, is these catchy nicks and phases that they sprinkle about their news.

And look what it got them, A thread on a message board solely about them. You can pay for this stuff (mostly because Dave deletes the paid placements).

I can appreciate many things, redundancy is not one of them. They use these little quips 4 times in every relevant article which is usually 3 times more than is appropriate.

Having personality is fine but it should play second fiddle to the information you are providing. The Inq is the Dick Vitale of IT news. If this works for them then great, but I don't have to like it.

EDIT - spelling and I meant Dick Vitale (not Howard Cosell) :oops:

aaronspink said:

Aaron Spink
speaking for myself inc.
I disagree about them being generally correct. I don't visit the site unless there is a thread linking to it, but based on what's linked to I'd say their articles are at least 80% incorrect. For people without inside knowledge it's almost impossible to get at the truth.

Back