Lost Odysee Screens

mediapr3.jpg

Has there been any other videos of past the battle scene? Its a 50 min trailer, and the battle is all we've seen.

I don't care what someone else said. I'm describing the screen you posted with my own eyes and i'm not very impressed. There's nothing else to it. I'm sorry if this

lo1.jpg

doesn't overly impress me. You posted that screen as to say "how is this screen not impressive" which IMO it is not.

I agree... but I will admit that the scenes that did impress me i thought were CG.. so I could be missing out on giving some credit...

Hey, some people just selective of what they want to be impressed by..

I just watched the new MSG4 stuff..I have no choice but to be impressed by it even when it obviously doesn't have nearly the same 'oomph' the trailers has.

Ben-Nice's quote about the color gray could most glaringly be applied to MSG4 (green), but it wouldn't be true either.

Anyway, Im so looking forward to some exploration footage from Lost Odyssey.

I don't care what someone else said. I'm describing the screen you posted with my own eyes and i'm not very impressed. There's nothing else to it. I'm sorry if this

lo1.jpg

doesn't overly impress me. You posted that screen as to say "how is this screen not impressive" which IMO it is not.

yeah, not impressive at all, exept for the incredibly detailled main character, as are the ennemies, not to mention their number on the battlefield, with big robots canon incredibly detailed, in a massive landscape, all the stuff going around while fighting, and all this with only one core. Hmm no, not impressive.

runing on one core doesn't necessarly means that with three cores the game will look a lot better in the graphics department, but they will improve physics, AI etc...

But it's quite funny to me that after developing a game on final hardware for over a year a studio can't utilise a multicore nature of the CPU.
But maybe if you're right we'll see qute interesting things in the game.:)

But it's quite funny to me that after developing a game on final hardware for over a year a studio can't utilise a multicore nature of CPU.

They are using the UE3, the multicore code comes from Epic, they dont have control over when its released.

EDIT: Fine you win! jeeesh...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Techically speaking it looks quite cool, though i could do with better lighting and more colours... I mean we ARE talking about a japanese RPG here, where are all the whacky colours and whacky japanese things? I'm sure we'll see much more of this game, and much more diverse scenes too.

So the thread, as usual, is a bit like this:

fangirl1: "mmm i don't like it..."
fangirl2: "i think it looks fabulous!"
fangirl1: "you're wrong!"
fangirl2: "but... but... i like it!"
fangirl1: "it's grey!"
fangirl2: "... i like it..."
fangirl2: "...but..."

Moral of the story, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Techically speaking it looks quite cool, though i could do with better lighting and more colours... I mean we ARE talking about a japanese RPG here, where are all the whacky colours and whacky japanese things? I'm sure we'll see much more of this game, and much more diverse scenes too.

this is a war battlefield under a cloudy sky, no need teletubbies like colors in such a scene, just take a look at the one up closeup screen of the main character, with vibrant colors.

So the thread, as usual, is a bit like this:

fangirl1: "mmm i don't like it..."
fangirl2: "i think it looks fabulous!"
fangirl2: "but... but... i like it!"
fangirl1: "it's grey!"
fangirl2: "... i like it..."
fangirl2: "...but..."

Moral of the story, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

No, it's more like:
Every sensible person in the thread: "It looks great"
Couple of fangirls: "Looks average to me."

I'm not sure why you had to turn the conversation this way though, have you read the new rules RE: tgs. Maybe you should take a look.

I suggest everyone take note of the TGS: New Rules: You Cannot Say You Weren't Warned .

Personally, I will go underground for the duration of the TGS. I'll only read the threads, not respond to anything. I promise

I'm going to be extra careful now,
No more posts from me until it ends :)

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........!!!!!!!!

Edit: I see l-b already said it. .... ooops, I already broke my promise!! But I didn't say I wasn't going to edit old posts ;)

have you read the new rules RE: tgs. Maybe you should take a look.

To be 100% honest, no i hadn't read it, been working all day. Edited my post, you never know...

Anyway, and i say this in the nicest way possible, if there is one thing that i don't like about the footage is that the battle seems a bit unimaginative compared to other JRPGs.

Anyway, and i say this in the nicest way possible, if there is one thing that i don't like about the footage is that the battle seems a bit unimaginative compared to other JRPGs.

Ya, personally I love it cause it totally reminds me of that Final Fantasy 3 feel, the industrial age machinery mixed with magic, I've really missed that feel for a long time.

I guess it's no coincidence my favourite RPG of alltime is FF3 :p (or VI whatever you hardcores call it ;) )

No, it's more like:
Every sensible person in the thread: "It looks great"
Couple of fangirls: "Looks average to me."

I'm not sure why you had to turn the conversation this way though, have you read the new rules RE: tgs. Maybe you should take a look.

No it's more like: Hyped game = hyped replies and no eye for realism. It's funny that (in this case) I gave the impopular opinion and soon others followed.. When you can't say what you really think about a game (every game got negative stuff) there really wasn't room for discussion in the first place.

Back