Lost Odysee Screens

It looks decent, certainly ... Except that the fighting couldn't look more boring. Hopefully the final game will have a slightly more dynamic fighting system.

It looks decent, certainly ... Except that the fighting couldn't look more boring. Hopefully the final game will have a slightly more dynamic fighting system.

wasnt there an interview saying that the advanced fighting features were removed from the demo?

wasnt there an interview saying that the advanced fighting features were removed from the demo?

Famitsu:
Hamamura : Looks like its battle system is almost done as well.

Sakaguchi : No, this is pretty basic one. In this Demo version, we didn't implement two of key features,
character's "growing"(he didn't say LvLing) and "control-able".

Agree with Arwin though, from this footage it seems kinda dull...

Yes, I remember that. But when all we've seen is simple sword strikes, that doesn't mean much to me!

EDIT: as an afterthought, I do think it's great that 360 owners now have games like this available to them!

Last edited by a moderator:
The "growing" and "control-able" are probably not what you'd directly see happening on-screen during battles, as it sounds they're the levelling up system and maybe some character select system.

Those are realtime my friend. It looks beautiful, nay, STUNNING. I want to see some different environments as well before comparing it to the competition.
If i remember correctly after the battle of the demo(the one in the trailer) is over the main character goes into a city,so there are more environments in the demo.

Oh and the battle system is far from final as has been stated numerous times in interviews.This demo seems to be more of a case of "Look this game exists,it's real"

The "growing" and "control-able" are probably not what you'd directly see happening on-screen during battles, as it sounds they're the levelling up system and maybe some character select system.

Did you read the interview? He's specifically talking about the battle system not leveling up.

Can't wait for this :)

40741320060920_165005_1_big.jpg

40741320060920_165005_2_big.jpg

These are from the FMV CGI trailer.
Hope we'll see some actual gameplay at TGS.

Nope, watch the trailer at XBoxyde, in the final 5 seconds it transitions to realtime, that shot of Kaim is realtime right before it enter battle mode, the facial shot looks like CG.

As for the fighting engine, it's been described as very similar to FF12.

Cool! Looks like a lot of fun. The next year, I need to make a lot of time for 360 games

Is it bad thing to have lots of AAA titles on a platform? You know, you don't have to play them after all ;)

The game looks amaing and this transition between CGI and gameplay really is seamless. Too bad I'm tired of this battle system - I hope Mistwalker will really enhance it.

All advanced features for the battle system were removed for the demo, so it's not very logical to expect the battle system to be anything special right now.

Back