Lost Odysee Screens

CGI at 60FPS would mean that the video is running at 60fps which is very VERY unlikely.

CGI usually (almost always) runs at 30fps.

What you probably see is the difference between the very advanced motion blur the CGI would have and the realtime footage which would have a less advanced (less realistic) motion blur, if it even has it.

I think it's just a difference in framerate. Since the in game footage is sometimes running slower then 30fps due to the entire game running on one core (missng the multi-core code).

but i think that the part when the robot canon arrives is CG, because there is a black screen just before, and when the combat begins again a japanese guy (in the ign video) says "it's real time by now"

but i think that the part when the robot canon arrives is CG, because there is a black screen just before, and when the combat begins again a japanese guy (in the ign video) says "it's real time by now"

Honestly I thought that was a stupid scene and not really impressive at all... why would a man fight a cannon? Alone? just odd... the colors in this game are drab also... I need to see more...

gfx is superb :oops: i love design of this black warriors, and the first realtime scene when they are walking around him it's just wow. Superb just superb

I'm not that impressed with this game. Looks good but i don't see what's the buzz about. Only really impressive stuff is the main characters hair movement..

:rolleyes: This is not impressive?
lo1.jpg

I do think the game looks very impressive when it's showing cinematics using in-game resources. I definately think it's less impressive at the end when it switches to exploring mode and the ground textures take a bit to fully load in and become at least decent quality. My only gripe with the game is that while it looks good, it so far doesn't look especially fun... although since this seems like the beginning of the game (a complete guess), it's possible that the gameplay improves as the game goes on.

It wasn't so much the load time for me, since I do expect that it'll be improved. I just wasn't impressed with the ground texture even after it loaded (which could also be improved). I know the game still has a while to go, but since I can only give my opinion on the current state of the game, then my opinion still holds: I'm impressed with what they did in the game-engine cinematics, the battles looked pretty good, but once it went to exploring mode, I wasn't all that impressed.

I dunno, it's really hard to make out the detail but it looks very good to, normal mapped, nice and bumpy, not flat muddy textures like we usually see.

Here's a screen I grabbed from the trailer, I really don't see how you can judge teh texture detail in that scene, but check out the smoke effects, draw distance, DoF, I would love to explore in a game that looks like this:
lo1.jpg

I guess if you like the color grey this is an A+++. Other than that is is average.

That made alot of sense. Lets see, we have Laa Yosh a very talented professional 3d modeler saying this is some of the best realtime GFX he;s ever seen, and Ben-Nice, who says it's average cause he "doesn't like grey."

Grey? Come on, you can do better than that ;)

I dunno, it's really hard to make out the detail but it looks very good to, normal mapped, nice and bumpy, not flat muddy textures like we usually see.

Here's a screen I grabbed from the trailer, I really don't see how you can judge teh texture detail in that scene, but check out the smoke effects, draw distance, DoF, I would love to explore in a game that looks like this:
lo1.jpg

That looks excellent. The only reason I think some may not appreciate it is because of the incredible looking CG scene that was right before it. But this looks damn good for a next-gen game.

That made alot of sense. Lets see, we have Laa Yosh a very talented professional 3d modeler saying this is some of the best realtime GFX he;s ever seen, and Ben-Nice, who says it's average cause he "doesn't like grey."

Grey? Come on, you can do better than that ;)

I don't care what someone else said. I'm describing the screen you posted with my own eyes and i'm not very impressed. There's nothing else to it. I'm sorry if this

lo1.jpg

doesn't overly impress me. You posted that screen as to say "how is this screen not impressive" which IMO it is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back