Launch titles: What will you be living?

Hekmat

Newcomer
I'm curious to see what most people think will be the PS3's killer-app (or just best selling game, whatever wording you prefer) at launch.

Personally I'm taking the safest route and betting on Resistance: Fall of Man. Good looking FPS with no competition on the platform at launch is bound to do big numbers in the States.

Try to keep it to 100% confirmed launch titles, or games coming out during deceber. (Let's keep out the Oblivion/Dead Rising comments too, if we can :p )

I'm actually not sure yet. I'll probably only get 2-3 games for launch (im broke what can I say), and more for xmas time.
I have already preordered Resistance:Fall of man so I know I'm getting that, but I'm having trouble deciding between a few racing games (motorstorm, f1, rr7, fatal inertia). They all look great imo, and I think I'm the only one excited for fatal inertia.

Genji: Days of the Blade is looking better every time I see it, so I'm thinking about getting that as well. I was playing the first one the other day thinking how nice this would be on a HD set. Rainbow 6: Vegas looks like a hit as well, but I think I'll wait for after the launch to see the reviews on that one.

So basically, Resistance is the only one I know for sure I'm getting at launch. Already preordered. :D

Well, first of all it would be very helpful if we had a list of the launch titles. After that I d give my opinion

For 06, if I can get a PS3, I'm heavily interested in:

Resistance: Fall of Man
Motorstorm
Formula One Championship
Eye of Judgement
Ridge Racer 7
Rainbow Six Vegas
Sonic

..and a couple of sports games. There are a couple of others that I'm interested in, but not sure if I'm THAT interested at this stage, and I've plenty of others I'd say would take priority right now. In fact, I'll probably have to find a way to cut down on that list as it is. I'm sure it'll change as we get closer to launch.

I'll definitely be picking up Resistance.

Probably Genji 2 as well (I rather enjoyed Genji, and this one is looking to turn out pretty decent -- at least not worse than the first)

Motorstorm and RR7 are maybes...

... not sure what else -- depends what shows up for launch. I'll add more as I think of them... my only "for sure" title at this point is Resistance (if I had to choose one, that's probably my choice at this point).

according to PC World, there are only 6 confirmed launch titltes:

* "Resistance: Fall of Man" (SCEI) / First person shooter
* "Genji: Days of the Blade" (SCEI) / Action
* "Ridge Racer 7" (Namco Bandai) / Racing
* "Mobile Suit Gundam: Target In Sight" (Namco Bandai) / 3D action shooting
* "MahJong Fight Club Online" (Konami) / Mahjong
* "Sega Golf Club featuring Miyazato Family" (Sega) / Golf

thats about it? really?

according to PC World, there are only 6 confirmed launch titltes:

* "Resistance: Fall of Man" (SCEI) / First person shooter
* "Genji: Days of the Blade" (SCEI) / Action
* "Ridge Racer 7" (Namco Bandai) / Racing
* "Mobile Suit Gundam: Target In Sight" (Namco Bandai) / 3D action shooting
* "MahJong Fight Club Online" (Konami) / Mahjong
* "Sega Golf Club featuring Miyazato Family" (Sega) / Golf

thats about it? really?

That's the list to date, in Japan only, for 11/11 only.

so there are more than these confirmed for us launch?

theres a bunch more for US launch confirmed than that list shows. im just saying thats the list for only the confirmed japan launch titles, i expect a few more to be announced closer to launch.

theres a bunch more for US launch confirmed than that list shows. im just saying thats the list for only the confirmed japan launch titles, i expect a few more to be announced closer to launch.

so where is this officialy confirmed bunch listed at?
from my experience with that other console, everything that's not written down solid and officially, it gets a time extension.
that of course does not mean sony will do the same, but once bitten.... :D

Probably Heavenly Sword if they make the Europe launch. Motorstorm looks nice too, but depends whether Forza 2 hits in Q1/07. It is a bit wait and see about resistance for me.

so where is this officialy confirmed bunch listed at?
from my experience with that other console, everything that's not written down solid and officially, it gets a time extension.
that of course does not mean sony will do the same, but once bitten.... :D

There is no final, officially confirmed list, for the very reason you mention - things can change up until very late in the day, so to speak. A final list will come closer to launch.

Now, if you want a list of titles that have at one point or another been classed as 06 by the publisher, then that can be provided.

that'd be cool titanio. please provide

Here you go:

Mahjong Taikai (JPN)
Fatal Inertia (there are reports that this has been delayed from being a day one title, but SCEJ has it down for '2006 (projected)')
Bladestorm: Hundred Years War (was listed as 06 before, now simply 'TBD', probably will slip)
Motorstorm
Genji: Days of the Blade
Resistance: Fall of Man
Formula One Championship Edition (JPN only?)
Gran Turismo HD
NBA 07
Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight
Ridge Racer 7
Armored Core 4 (JPN)
Call of Duty 3
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Madden NFL 07
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Need For Speed Carbon
NBA Live 07
EA Fight Night Round 3
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Full Auto 2: Battlelines
Sonic The Hedgehog
World Pool Championship 2007
Miyazato San Kyoudai Naizou Sega Golf Club (JPN)
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
College Hoops 2K7
NBA 2K7
NHL 2K7
F.E.A.R.
MahJong Fight Club Online (JPN)
Enchant Arm (JPN only?)
Railfan (JPN)

There are some obvious Japan-only titles in there that I've marked, a couple of others that are harder to tell. And no doubt some of these titles will slip, and some new will be introduced, before the year is out..there will be changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
flOw and NBA 2k7 should be up there as well.
and like I mentioned theres probably a few unannounced. For example the november cover title in OPM hasnt been revealed just yet, which is said to be a launch title.

Back