Kyle throws a [H]issy fit about CrossFire shipping late

Status
Not open for further replies.
digitalwanderer said:
I'm not gonna push the point over there though, anytime I post it feels like I got a biiiig red bullseye painted on me.

Those gourmet cookies didn't buy you as much leniency as you expected? :p

So he is choosing the money over his integrity. Who will read his review tomorrow when he clearly has a grudged against ATI at the moment?

digitalwanderer said:
Yeah, but I keep thinking you could replace "Canucks" with the name of any country and it still would be sort of dissing a country.

It is, but Kyle has never cared if he insults people. The real kicker is he'll always tell you to be thankful for it. He's never owned up to being wrong, no matter how patently he is. Even when he's backtracked over his own words, he always makes it sound like someone else's fault.

Still, it's nothing that can't be fixed by taking Kyle's own advice and never visiting his site.

mattredd said:
So he is choosing the money over his integrity. Who will read his review tomorrow when he clearly has a grudged against ATI at the moment?
I will and then I can make up my own mind about how clear this is and so forth.

He is obviously a bull headed sort of fellow who will not admit a mistake. What he said was correct, but he should not have added the stupid canucks bit in that way. He knows it but will not admit it, kinda like a certain president I knew of... oh wait wrong forum :)

I honestly thought we were on friendlies and I was just trying to point out to him how others might be interpretting his words. :oops:

mattredd said:
I will! It'll probably be the funnest read with all the 'tude he's got going. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
I honestly thought we were on friendlies and I was just trying to point out to him how others might be interpretting his words. :oops:

You're either with him and believe the sun shines out of his ass, or you're against him and must be destroyed along with all your kind!

mattredd said:

In all seriousness, I don't think Kyle would do that. Brent will be doing the review and I don't see Kyle ordering him to spin or taint his thoughts on the tested parts.

Digi does bring up a pretty good point. He's going to bark and squeal, but when it comes down to it... he'll be posting it up. If you really want to make a statement, say what you mean, and then back it up with actions. He should put up a comment stating that a review will not be released until there is product in the channel (but we won't be seeing that will we). ;)

P.S. I was gonna throw my $.02 in that thread, but thought better of it. Digi seems to be doing a good job of pissing him off as it is. :LOL:

John Reynolds said:
In all seriousness, I don't think Kyle would do that. Brent will be doing the review and I don't see Kyle ordering him to spin or taint his thoughts on the tested parts.
Oh, Kyle said he's posting it...he'll just "rip 'em a new one" if they're lying. :rolleyes:

Does anyone really take Kyle's editorial 'technique' seriously?

I can't say I really visit his site too often but still seem to encounter plenty of his, erm 'prose', quoted and discussed on other sites, including B3D.

It seems to me that he gains notoriety and presumably more web site hits from his less than subtle pronouncements. To me, they read as if they come from one of those witless American Wrestling shows so he's either deliberately trying to court controversy or his target audience is spotty teenage kids.

I've got no problem if he wants to criticise ATI's paper launch of Crossfire but this editorial seems a rather childish approach to take. It's either childish or machiavellian - is he sitting behind his keyboard twirling his moustaches, I wonder? :smile:

digitalwanderer said:
Oh, Kyle said he's posting it...he'll just "rip 'em a new one" if they're lying.

A little colorful commentary on XT availability isn't the same as an intentionally tainted review, as was previously suggested.

John Reynolds said:
A little colorful commentary on XT availability isn't the same as an intentionally tainted review, as was previously suggested.
Oh I think Brent will be doing the review and I expect it to be up to his usual level-o-excellence, I meant no disrespect of Mr. Justice.

Dave Baumann said:
I doubt I'm going to get this up by the NDA time.
What you need to do is find away, via a forum worm or something, that puts 127.0.0.1 in the hosts file of the person reading for every other site that might write something.

Trap your readers in the B3D Tractor Beam so they can't leave until they've read yours :cool:

Rys said:
What you need to do is find away, via a forum worm or something, that puts 127.0.0.1 in the hosts file of the person reading for every other site that might write something.

Trap your readers in the B3D Tractor Beam so they can't leave until they've read yours :cool:
Nah, just toss up whatever you have done in whatever shape it is in the beta article forum...you can finish it up while we all read the first couple hundred pages. ;)

Jawed said:
Just too many damned new features to write about, huh?...
Also, he's likely writing about at least three different boards / chips.

On topic: it's good for a person to be passionate about something. It's also good if they don't lose objectivity.

Dave Baumann said:
I doubt I'm going to get this up by the NDA time.

Ah, so you're going to break your normal tradition and do a compare with the nvidia 7800 serries, or are you just being lazy ?

Only kidding of course. :D Beyond3d's niche does not require on the dot.

No hints but my lunchtime is 1pm to 2pm UK time.

Rys, 9am for my works breakfast please .

I think that covers tomorrow , cheers lads.

Last edited by a moderator:
digitalwanderer said:
Ok, now after you drop the handgrenade in the room you leave...right? :-|
"Fool me once, shame on *pause* shame on you. Fool me *short pause* you can't get fooled again." :p
Kyle is acting like a women.. him and his emotions.
He needs be purge emotion like the Vulcans!

Dave should know we are all just gonna to "flip" to the pages with the numbers first....then come back later and read the rest, thus he should put up those first :)

JK BTW :)

I can wait as it will be well worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back