Kyle throws a [H]issy fit about CrossFire shipping late

Status
Not open for further replies.
SugarCoat said:
hey, if anyone cares, though i doubt it:

That does put a rather different complexion on things. Two weeks does not seem all that unreasonable from launch --tho one wonders why that wasn't communicated to all these sites originally, or as soon as possible thereafter. It still reeks of very poor PR work to me. It is hard to avoid the conclusion that CrossFire is the ugly ducking at ATI. Maybe they're all focused on R520, but credibility is in the details.

Considering that it used to be that ATI promised 30 day availability, Im not disappointed with a lack of availability yet. I guess a shortness of official news is a bit disconcerting, but the techreport post seems to be a good response to that.

Really, this just seems like Mr. Bennett has been overly spoiled by the 7800s 0-day availability. While it was nice, its hardly practical in every situation.

Sorry about the lack of punctuation, I think Ive discovered a Firefox bug with apostrophes... :)

I was more interested in the spat between scott-wasson and charlie-(name looks like an indian tea) from the inq :D

maybe this is a symptom of the "X Box" curse.<dum dum dun! calling international rescue>

I actually cannot figure out when Crossfire was supposed to be launched, it seems to have been floating around for ages, so much so that when the reviews came out I had already thought it had been reviewed already and was wondering why people were doing it a second time. :)

To be honest though it is a moot ( mute, mout ..er ) point because having availability is now with the cards means that people waste their money on something that is not as good as cheaper options elswhere, and that includes Ati's new products.

Yep, I hear that worked out quite well for Sander. ;)

While I agree with the gist of Kyle's rant, I have a feeling he's setting himself up for a fall with #4.

IbaneZ said:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=960286

Thats an ugly thread. "Come on people, we still have time to bash ATI some more. R5xx will be here soon! Hurry hurry!" ;)

I really hope that ATI can ship enough X1800XT's, cause if they can't, expect more bitching and whining shortly. :???:

Aint that the truth...

The thing I love about b3d, is everyone here is so objective. It's near impossible to find a brand-name related thread, either about something from ATi or Nvidia, and actually have any flame posts or anything of the like... B3d just has a nice atmosphere.

Quite frankly, I think Kyle let his emotions get the best of him, and did what so many people do...Just post his outright feelings at that time, each sentence fueled by his ever increasing rage. I can understand where he's coming from, but it was one stupid thing to do. He could certainly have been more objective (there's that word again :) ) in his reporting.

Also, in regards to the swath of replies to that report...shame shame shame. I've never seen so many negative posts. Except for Sir-Fragalot, he kept a nice view on things :)

None of this worries me one bit, I like ATi moreso than Nv, but i'd never let something like a delayed launch get to me. Just...shame.

IgnorancePersonified said:
ahhh possibly there are bigger things in life than availability of a niche hardware solution?

Yes it is pretty absurd that people gets this upset about the lack of availebility of a product that they where not going to buy anyway.

Will he review the X1800XT tomorrow? If he does that, he will loose a lot of credibility as it seems pretty certain now that the card will not be available in quantity for a while. It will also show, if he reviews it, how hollow his words are. I suppose it is a question of journalistic integrity or reaping the money of all the hits he will take of the review.

mattredd said:
Will he review the X1800XT tomorrow? If he does that, he will loose a lot of credibility as it seems pretty certain now that the card will not be available in quantity for a while. It will also show, if he reviews it, how hollow his words are. I suppose it is a question of journalistic integrity or reaping the money of all the hits he will take of the review.
Thing is he already has the R520 if the review is for tommorow, and he wouldn't have posted that much if he knew that R520 would come in quantity, and have crossfire all set to go.

mattredd said:

Maybe he'll only post numbers for the X1800XL? Or maybe that is all anyone will...

geo said:
The real pity is there was no need for it. Hit your f'ing dates. No one picks them for you, you pick them yourself. "Positive surprises" make everyone happy. THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.
Precisely

mattredd said:

I believe the general consensus is that Kyle has a soft spot for nV and is more forgiving towards them. Part of me thinks that it pains him a little to have to give a good review to an ATI product and declare a new performance champion (if the rumours are correct). Perhaps this is a way for him to add one of his editors notes, wrt availability, at the end of the upcoming review to take some of the wind out ATIs sails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back