Kung Fu Hustle

Natoma

Veteran
If you haven't seen this movie yet, go see it immediately. My husband and I saw it on Sunday, and we were both laughing so hard that we were in tears. My sides were hurting pretty badly at the end of the film.

The theater near us was nearly full, and let's just say we weren't alone in the laughter. :)

Here's the trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/kung_fu_hustle.html

Shaolin Soccer

I haven't seen Shaolin Soccer, but the guy at work who lent me his (legal) copy of Kung Fu Hustle said the same thing.

I think jvd is talking about Shaolin Soccer... and your husband? I thought you were the man.....

Been meaning to see this. Probably this weekend.

Shaolin Soccer was fantastic. Haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a very long time. Speaking of good Hong Kong movies, something (which a lot of you have probably seen already) definitely worth watching is the Infernal Affairs trilogy. One is an excellent cop movie, probably the best I've seen since Heat. Two continued much in the same vein, even though it was a prequel. Three was... odd. Still definitely worth watching, though.

Saw Shaolin Soccer it was hilarious. Looking forward to KFH but Russ where did your bud get a legal copy since its still in theaters??

pax said:
Saw Shaolin Soccer it was hilarious. Looking forward to KFH but Russ where did your bud get a legal copy since its still in theaters??
Same as with Shaolin Soccer and Hero, I assume--it's been out in Hong Kong on DVD for some time, and it's quite easy to get it imported.

I saw it. Funny as hell. I remember that part where Stephen Chow had knives stuck in his arm and his friend pulled the knife out and Stephen Chow went "Ah, don't..." (meaning it hurt, a natural verbal expression). His friend promptly stuck the knife back in his arm. ROTFL!

Is it dubbed in English for the US release?

pax said:
..where did your bud get a legal copy since its still in theaters??

I saw Shaun of the Dead on Retail DVD around the time it hit theaters here in US last year. So, it's probably an Asian release, I'm guessing with English subtitles, thats been imported? Usually you need a region hacked DVD player to play these. ;)

pax said:

KFH has been out on DVD (reg 3) for some time now, you can get it at cdwow.us or some other dealer with reg 3 titles.

AFAIK there are no legal reg 1 KFH DVD out, but unlock your DVD player/get unlocked DVD player (if you don't allready have one) and you should have no problems with the R3 version, atleast not if you get the NTSC one.

With this link you can get $2 of at cdwow.us, and get KFH at $15.95 (I sound like a comercial now):

http://www12.cd-wow.us/promotion.php?promo_refcode=14282_1

Although I've not seen either version, I remember reading that the release of Shaolin Soccer for the west was highly edited and therefore not as good as the original. :(

Mariner said:
Although I've not seen either version, I remember reading that the release of Shaolin Soccer for the west was highly edited and therefore not as good as the original. :(

Yes the original theatrical cut is 102 minutes, the western cut is only 88 minutes and the directors cut is 112 minutes.

Back