KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

Yeah, imo KZ2 is/was the complete package. GG were on the right track...until the internet hit them (i.e. all the COD gamers...).

I think that this flare effects are a bit overused...and they look quite unrealistic and artificial to me, which degrades the overall look imo.

What makes me scratch my head every time: why can't GG artists make good looking (in the sense of normal looking) female character faces?!?

I'll definitively preorder as soon as PSN let me...

A plea guys I am trying avoid spoilers, I am currently under self imposed media embargo, so I would appreciate if you could not spot spoilerific gifs/images.

If I hadn't watched the video and was able to hear the female voice I wouldn't have known it was a female character.

She is quite beautiful in good lightning, but I really dont get why all videogame characters needs to be pretty. I really would not mind some everyday looking non-sexualized female characters... but we are 20 years away from such thing happening regularly in video games....

The trend has been that the Helghast were portrayed as not really matching typical ideals of physical attractiveness. The Helghast males in KZ3 were unlikely to win a non-Helghan modeling contract, so this may work thematically (or happen to fit the limits of the art).

KZSC.png

iLkDUlFC5bQNl.png

iRuoeZjpFzSzg.png

ipmRGp8Prh42.png

izKRf89G9WoHS.png
]
SCKZ3.png

Does it look next gen?

Some bad shader aliasing here and there but for the most part it looks good.

EDIT:
I thought there wouldn't be more overblown whites now that they're using HDR. Guess I was wrong.
ibm2WS3I80Zrs7.png

R2 SP needed a few more months to polish practically all the boss fights properly. Even though I also didn't complete my CoD4 SP, I would be hard pressed to believe it is worse than R2 SP.

R3 SP OTOH is superb. Definitely (plays) better than RFOM, R2 and KZ3 IMHO.

The duration of the dust particles seem to be about the same actually. They are also everywhere in SF.
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/294/3/6/1_by_anomally-d6rdwmw.gif
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/294/0/c/2_by_anomally-d6rdwzu.gif
Sparks bounce too in SF
You can see it in the GTTV episode and also in a few places from different footage.

Glad to see it ! Some of the earlier scenes are different. In general, I think KZSF is less consistent overall.

Guess it can't be help. The team had to deal with assorted technical issues and business uncertainties for launch period.

Wow! This looks so good and blows away everything else we have seen so far.

They should have named it Killzone:Nothing Comes Close:D

Back