KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

Coz they will kill me if I don't.

Besides, they die "gracefully".

When I was playing KZ2, I usually admire the Helghast first (where possible). Sometimes I double-check Rico's position. Need him out of the way before I do my thing.

EDIT: I know I sound like a sick Helghast stalker.

I thought the MP multiplayer footage from earlier looked fantastic. Made me want to buy a new tv for it.

Shadowfall is a launch title with incomplete and changing tools. KZ2 was nothing like that, they were basically tasked at making the best looking game possible in a reasonably time with mature dev tools. KZ:SF is the RFoM of the PS4.

The only thing I don't like about the forest level are the horribly exaggerated god rays. Also, stealth seems kinda easy with the enemies apparently missing the ability to listen.

The only thing I don't like about the forest level are the horribly exaggerated god rays. Also, stealth seems kinda easy with the enemies apparently missing the ability to listen.

Yeah, some of the effects are overpowering.

Gosh, you people sure are nitpicky...

Well... I appreciate the game. Looking at the KZSF demo, some of the game elements are regressions from KZ2 (and perhaps 3). Some are long time issues. No harm flagging them out for GG. Great if these issues have been addressed in the real game. If not, I will continue to b*tch in KZ5. They should have more time to refine their work by then. :devilish:

I have to agree that some of the lighting is a bit overpowering. But I still think that it's one of the best looking launch titles. I also agree that this is like the R:FoM of this generation and that just makes it even more impressive.

I think think this circles back to the age-old argument of the realism of games. If you took out all of the implausible/impossible weapons from RFOM and made it a more realistic military shooter I definitely wouldn't have bought it and Resistance 2.
You don't have to make a game a realistic military shooter to not make a sniper rifle look like a Dragunov. I've actually played quite a few games with sniper rifles that didn't look like Dragunovs. They could and should have made the Fareye look like an alien-mod Lee Enfield, a real rifle used by real Australian snipers in a real war in the real 1950s (the L23 designation suggests it's a British weapon, which is why I'm going with the SMLE over the M1903). Making it look like a Russian rifle from 1963 just makes the setting look as ridiculous as it would have if Nathan Hale was driving around in a Mustang and Capelli was listening to Pink Floyd on a cassette player.

There is literally no reason to make the human stuff look like tech from the 60s, 70s, and 80s when they could have very easily made it period-appropriate. It suggests ignorance and lack of interest in detail on the part of the artists and producers.

To tie it back to the subject, I've got a similar gripe with this new Killzone game. The guns just look too ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
The foggy forest is the best environment in next gen games for me. Just so damn cool to move around and play in. if only the fog parted and moved to my and enemy movements, I would just keep replaying that forever ! Spam that share button when u get ur ps4s on Nov 15th guys ! Just spam it like hell :D

@nick_serio: How long is the campaign? (‏source)
STH: Killzone Shadow Fall’s campaign should last well over 10 hours for most gamers

@Fishrock123: Any news of vehicles in the multiplayer? (source)
STH: Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer will not have any vehicles (such as Exoskeletons or Jetpacks) at launch. We wanted to ensure that player-created, custom Warzones work on all multiplayer maps, and the inclusion of vehicles would have introduced too many new variables and exceptions to guarantee this.

@nurseman22: My question is: where have you been all my life? (source)
STH: Right here in the studio, working hard on Killzone Shadow Fall!
:p

from here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/21/killzone-shadow-fall-your-questions-answered/

More info on campaign coing this week. Its about time GG ! The game is gold , now show us the goodies :p !

Well obviously KZSF looks better. I was talking about:

- dust particles seem to linger longer in KZ2 and was everywhere
- sparks bouncing all over the place
- gritty environments
- better ragdoll effects in KZ2?
- how NPC react to being hit by bullets?
- you actually cared about the character
- better AI?

I am honestly not sure about any of this but just observations I noticed from released media.
The duration of the dust particles seem to be about the same actually. They are also everywhere in SF.
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/294/3/6/1_by_anomally-d6rdwmw.gif
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/294/0/c/2_by_anomally-d6rdwzu.gif
Sparks bounce too in SF
You can see it in the GTTV episode and also in a few places from different footage.

At least I am not the only mad on this planet.

To be more clear, I am not saying that KZ:SF is not a good looking game.

I am simply stating that to me KZ:SF seems just a good looking current-gen FPS in high resolution.
For the punctilious people of this board: clearly KZ:SF have some particles here or some better effect there!

But there is really nothing here that scream Next-Gen, let alone CG.

And all this keeping in mind that for the last 2 gen KZ franchise has been the graphic showcase of all the Playstation platforms.

It is somehow bitter to see this graphic for the Next Gen Killzone. IMHO.

It's obviously "CG" since all that actually means is computer generated, which it clearly is. While it's obviously not comparable to current offline-rendered imagery (and nobody in their right mind would expect it to be either!), KZ4 has higher, more advanced image quality compared to early CG movies in many respects.

Can KZ4 be rendered on current console hardware? Fking hell no. So why shouldn't it be called "next-gen"? It's a dumbass thing to say "it doesn't look next-gen to me", because what DO you consider next-gen then? It's an arbitrary expression to begin with, which becomes infinitely more arbitrary when a title which is clearly far beyond current console hardware in someone's opinion cannot be called next-gen.

and I fail to understand what people don't see as next gen in this. There is nothing current gen about it at all. A current gen FPS in high resolution doesn't suddenly look fabulous, it looks exactly like the same game but sharper. I have never seen a game go higher res and get improvements in every dept for free :rolleyes: !

If one doesn't like the graphics of a game ,its very understandable, every painting doesn't look good to everyone, everyone has his own choice, that is why we have so many products out there but this constant banter about "Current gen FPS up-rezzed" is baseless and doesn't stand on any ground at all. An up rezzed KZ2 would look just like KZ2, albiet sharper. nothing more.

Not that I disagree completely with Airon, but is there really a need to keep repeating that this game does or does not look nextgen enough? Sorry - that this game has more/less nextgeness? You guys have spent pages and pages repeating this discussion, while you could have just done some work and posted more pics and vids for me to look at! Work bitch! :LOL:

Not that I disagree completely with Airon, but is there really a need to keep repeating that this game does or does not look nextgen enough? Sorry - that this game has more/less nextgeness? You guys have spent pages and pages repeating this discussion, while you could have just done some work and posted more pics and vids for me to look at! Work bitch! :LOL:

The very fact that we are not getting a stream of pics and videos from GG is why this discussion is continuing ;) otherwise we would all be happy watching and drooling while waiting for the PS4 to launch :D ! Everytime I see the thread, I enter excited for new footage or even screens and then find this............. C'mon GG whats wrong with you, throw out some bones for us....its difficult to pass this one month already :mad: !

Back