KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

YESH YESH YESH ! Please please make a WW1 and WW2 shooter with next gen graphics and true stories of soldiers and squads. Please do :cry: ! Why , oh gaming gods, why won't anyone make it :cry: !!!!

Because for what felt like a decade, most military shooters were set in WWI or WWII. Gamers were fighting the second world for longer than the duration of the Second World War! ;)

Gone gold. 4 more weeks ?

The improvement I look forward to most is the party system. Both KZ2 and 3 had incomplete implementation. I usually end up in the opposite team with my friends when we play in the same party.

Now that the party system seems to be OS-wide, I hope KZSF has better match-up logic. Put my team together !

Awesome directfeed footage from TGS has finally surfaced, at 10min mark starts new stuff [climbing on the cliff].

It is obvious that this is old Gamescom build, there is no fancy forest fog. Amazing for a launch title.

I know I will get the hate of everyone here but, honestly as I have already said, with the exception (just in part) of the facial animation of the second one, I really fail to see something nextgen in this 3 gifts or, more in general, in all the KZ:SF videos I have seen so far.
Sorry guys. Much probably it is my fault.

But, characthers models and animations seems so really current-gen.
The lighting in some part is good but we have already seen this kind of quality, and even better than this.
Both the 2 levels shown seem so bland, so already seen, and with a incredible lack of inspiration and details. Everything seems so flat.
The forest level is so mediocre in my eyes, huge vertical trees with folliage on the ground. Really they could not achieved something more detailed and less blocky for the next gen Killzone forest?!?!
Also the scope: the reveal level is practically linear with a super flat look and while the forest level seem more open, the quality, the art and the design is even worse in my eyes.
Could GG engine be no well suited for sandbox-like maps?
I do not know.

The only thing I know is that we are talking about KZ, that is a franchise that has meant Graphic Power showcase for Sony.

And we are just getting a bland current-gen FPS in high res instead of a proper next-gen Killzone. This is my modest and personal opinion.

But, characthers models and animations seems so really current-gen

The characters have 4 times more polygons than KZ 3 and have more complex models.
This is actually something we can measure so it's pretty objective.
Also take a look at the side to side KZ3/SF marksmen, The KZ 3 model is evidently inferior.

Also the scope: the reveal level is practically linear with a super flat look and while the forest level seem more open, the quality, the art and the design is even worse in my eyes.
Could GG engine be no well suited for sandbox-like maps?
I do not know.

Levels are bigger, more open than in any previous KZ; the gameplay bubbles offer far more variety than in the past.
Also GG said "some bits are still linear because we still want to tell a story" and the revel level is one of those but SF is more open no doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll go and have my eyes checked and maybe put away recreational drugs, because every time I read Airons impressions on KZ SF I don't see what he is seeing. Man, you are so negative about this game when it is without shadow of doubt one of the best looking out there.

Courtesy of GAF:
9611967150_e779c79b62_z.jpg

... and to spice up FPS gameplay,
KZSF switches to infiltrating Hyrule mid-way. [See Triforce on right wall] :runaway:

EDIT: Ah my eyes ! Damn those blooms and lens flare !

I kind of agree with the bland statement regarding the art. I enjoyed the gritty look from previous KZ.

I wish they could deliver these visuals at 1080P and higher rez particles and textures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omSYs_TdIz8

How generic can they get in regards to KZSF, I have no clue who they are controlling and what the hell they are doing except attack the enemy with the red eyes. There is like zero character building with what was shown so far it like they threw everything away they built upon with previous versions.

All that video shows me is how much better Killzone Shadow Fall actually looks.

Well obviously KZSF looks better. I was talking about:

- dust particles seem to linger longer in KZ2 and was everywhere
- sparks bouncing all over the place
- gritty environments
- better ragdoll effects in KZ2?
- how NPC react to being hit by bullets?
- you actually cared about the character
- better AI?

I am honestly not sure about any of this but just observations I noticed from released media.

Well obviously KZSF looks better. I was talking about:

- dust particles seem to linger longer in KZ2 and was everywhere
- sparks bouncing all over the place
- gritty environments
- better ragdoll effects in KZ2?
- how NPC react to being hit by bullets?
- you actually cared about the character
- better AI?

I am honestly not sure about any of this but just observations I noticed from released media.

Yeap, I noticed it too in the KZSF vs KZ2 comparison.

Perhaps they don't have enough time to refine the details. They also need to create more assets for larger levels.

For KZSF, I'd focus my playtime in the MP. Not going to expect anything extraordinary in SP.

We have seen everything from KZ2, and only two parts of 2 KZSF levels, so let's wait to see the entire final game to make judgements.

If SP has mind-blowing stuff, I will be pleasantly surprised. That works out in my favor.

If MP is problematic, they can continue to tweak it as usual. For a start, 1080p 60fps is already better spec'ed than previous KZ MPs.

So I'm all covered ! (I think).

Back