Killzone PS3.. in 07?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How credible is this rumor about Killzone? If only 1up reports it it sounds doubtful (= slow news day at 1up).

EDIT: Sorry, I failed to see it's a post in a blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Luke Smith from 1UP said:
How Sony Will Counter the Halo 3 Beta

I fail to see how Sony can counter the release of a playable multiplayer beta of one of the most popular and critically acclaimed game franchises in North America with... Killzone? I also highly doubt that a Killzone demo will be available to the masses before the Halo 3 multiplayer beta, especially when the only "footage" of Killzone 2 was the CGI render Sony played at E3 a couple of years back. Assuming that Sony does indeed somehow manage to get a playable demo of Killzone 2 ready before Halo 3, that wont stop the massive negative feedback the game will generate when people realize it will look nothing like the CGI trailer.

I fail to see how Sony can counter the release of a playable multiplayer beta of one of the most popular and critically acclaimed game franchises in North America with... Killzone? I also highly doubt that a Killzone demo will be available to the masses before the Halo 3 multiplayer beta, especially when the only "footage" of Killzone 2 was the CGI render Sony played at E3 a couple of years back. Assuming that Sony does indeed somehow manage to get a playable demo of Killzone 2 ready before Halo 3, that wont stop the massive negative feedback the game will generate when people realize it will look nothing like the CGI trailer.

yeah let me put it this way, with a massive budget of 40 Million dollars there has to be a playable demo ffs after 2y past down the shi**er without any news about KZ2.

oh and no. Sony isn't gonna counter anything, it is going to be a nice addition to the PS3 GFX portfolio (like the first one), certainly not Halo3. MGS4 maybe would tho.

yeah let me put it this way, with a massive budget of 40 Million dollars there has to be a playable demo ffs after 2y past down the shi**er without any news about KZ2.

oh and no. Sony isn't gonna counter anything, it is going to be a nice addition to the PS3 GFX portfolio (like the first one), certainly not Halo3. MGS4 maybe would tho.

are you trying to suggest that mgs4 is not in the same league with halo 3.

Ugh, this could turn into an awful 3-way Halo/Killzone/MGS extravaganza if we're not careful..

I don't know about the 1up rumour, but it has been nearly two years since the game was announced, and if the game is indeed coming in the latter part of this year, we'd certainly need to be seeing a lot more of it sooner rather than later. As in, by 'E3' (or whatever it will be) at the latest, if not earlier. It's not like Sony/Guerilla has been sitting on its ass in that time, I'm sure the game is some way down the development path at this point.

An out-of-the-blue demo would be great, even just to satisfy curiousity about the title, if not to promote hopes for the game itself (if, gasp, it actually is shaping up nicely as a game). But it sounds a little good to be true.

I'll believe it when I see it. I don't believe 1up rumors too much, but usually Luke has a good reason for these things when hes posts rumors on his own blog. Usually he is close, so while I doubt the information, I think he could be on to something similar happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not really sure why they would release the KZ demo before the H3 beta. No way is it going to sway people from buying H3.

Based on what? It's likely that gameplay in Killzone on PS3 is not hampered in terms of AI and network performance like its predecessor on PS2.

If gameplay is hampered by a platform's power something's wrong with the game's designers I would say.:rolleyes:

I'm curious how Killzone on PS3 actually looks though.:smile:

Based on what? It's likely that gameplay in Killzone on PS3 is not hampered in terms of AI and network performance like its predecessor on PS2.

Based on my opinion and popularity of the franchises. Killzone on PS2 was not hampered in terms of AI and gameplay on the PS2. I think it was enjoyable back then.

If gameplay is hampered by a platform's power something's wrong with the game's designers I would say.:rolleyes:

I'm curious how Killzone on PS3 actually looks though.:smile:

Yeah, they should have released killzone as a PC title like they where planning.

Based on my opinion and popularity of the franchises. Killzone on PS2 was not hampered in terms of AI and gameplay on the PS2. I think it was enjoyable back then.

It was hampered by the AI..

I love the original killzone on the PS2 as I feel it was definitely one of the richest FPSs on the PS2 platform in terms of IQ, epic feel, atmosphere and even the gameplay was pretty solid..

The biggest gripe with the game IMO was that the AI was very bad with enemies often behaving in the most perculiar ways.. The only other issue I would say was that the game tried to be to "real" in terms of the flow of the action which unfolded around you.. It felt like a futuristic "war in Iraq" where I would have prefered a bit more "drama" to spice up the flow of the game a bit more..

Although with the proof of these lessons learnt, already manifesting in the PSP title, I would have to say that with that, and Sony's financial backing and stricter green-lighting processes, I'm pretty optimistic about the potential of the next killzone game on the PS3..

Isn't the only thing that matters about Killzone 3 it's looks? That certainly seems to be the main sticking point whenever the e3 showing is discussed.

If they prove that level of graphics can be achieved on the PS3 in real time then they have pretty much won, even if the game is not very good.

AI seldom worked for god sakes, most levels where linear, characters weren’t exactly memorable ( minus the traitor, Luger and the helghast leader ) some of the lines where stolen from starship troopers , helghast soldiers voices where annoying and them repeating the same shit over and over again didn’t help either.

Oh and let’s not forget the glitches, pop-ins and in some cases even shimmering that even surpassed snake eater’s engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back