Killzone PS3.. in 07?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have over 120 people currently working on the game with a total of £20 million spent so far, so one of the question's is :

hell7qx.jpg

Can they or cant they ;)

They have over 120 people currently working on the game with a total of £20 million spent so far, so one of the question's is :

hell7qx.jpg

Can they or cant they ;)

No they will not, but if its even close to that, I'll seriously have a beer for that.

I think Halo will be out sooner, as it looks like it's coming along rather speedily. I think they can release it in the summer.

When they can release it and when they will release it is another story. I expect if they wanted Halo could come in July, but what sense would that make? You want the big sellers for fall. If halo 3 was done July 1st, they would hold it. More likely they will continue playing around with it til November, but not really out of necessity.

They basically self-destruct if they launch right up against Halo 3, given that the hype for the game is essentially negative (that is, the only piece of PR about it, that notorious movie, has been ridiculed from here to the land of giant enemy crabs). So I'm betting on spring 2008.

They basically self-destruct if they launch right up against Halo 3, given that the hype for the game is essentially negative (that is, the only piece of PR about it, that notorious movie, has been ridiculed from here to the land of giant enemy crabs). So I'm betting on spring 2008.

Actually it is not that negative. The expectations are still high and if you go to killzone forums you will see lots of people wanting to see the current state of the game. Although it was confirmed CGI by the developers themselves, this didnt stop people from believing this is could be a great game and that it may show some unbelievable feats.

Now if it does end up that good I have no idea. But ridiculed I wouldnt say

Halo 3 has alot to prove, it´s like the defining game on the XBOX platform. Sony doesn´t have one, they have several of those and it looks like they are doing good work in carving out room for new games to do the same.

Halo 3 has alot to prove, it´s like the defining game on the XBOX platform. Sony doesn´t have one, they have several of those and it looks like they are doing good work in carving out room for new games to do the same.

I disagree. Halo 3, if it turns out to be bad, will greatly diminish the value of the franchise, but it will still sell very well in the first several months, and will dominate online play.

I disagree. Halo 3, if it turns out to be bad, will greatly diminish the value of the franchise, but it will still sell very well in the first several months, and will dominate online play.

That doesnt change his point

That doesnt change his point

Even with Halo 3 having a lot to prove, and potentially being bad, and potentially ruining the series, it will eclipse a potential Killzone launch within the same window.

Whether Sony have many or few platform-defining titles is irrelevant to that particular discussion about the potential Killzone launch.

I don't think Halo 3 is going to disappoint. Lots of people in the press (and in the army ;) ) have played it already, and from those impressions I don't think it can fail, certainly online. It will be easy enough to please the majority of Halo 2 fans, who have so fanatically been playing Halo 2 ever since BC was launched for it on the 360.

Since we're talking these games, I wonder when we will see Resistance 2. I'm assuming about half a year after Killzone, depending on when that is released, with Insomniac probably releasing Ratchett & Clank on the PS3 first. But Resistance was very clearly meant to be a 3 part release from day one.

Even with Halo 3 having a lot to prove, and potentially being bad, and potentially ruining the series, it will eclipse a potential Killzone launch within the same window.

Whether Sony have many or few platform-defining titles is irrelevant to that particular discussion about the potential Killzone launch.

How does it eclipse Killzone? selling more? better game? ehmm? It´s THE XBOX game, it has to sell shitloads, but it wont take away any Killzone sales, i mean, how should it :)

If i were Sony i would worry about Halo 3 coming out with Killzone if they believe in the game it would be the right thing to do.

definetely not. If Killzone and Halo3 are released withing the same time frame and Killzone proves out to be something special and Halo3 not that much of an imporvement over previous Halo games, expect Killzone to remain untouched.

Actually since people tend to make comparissons and Killzone is still touted as a Halo killer by some, I expect the opposite result if Guerilla succeeds at making an AAA title.

Also they are both exclusive titles. Halo3 sales cant affect Killzone's sales as much or the other way round since they arent released on the same platform.

A PS3 only owner will still buy his Killzone and a 360 owner will still buy his Halo3. Its absurd to think a PS3 owner or someone interested on PS3 wont get excited over Killzone and buy it if it proves good just because Halo3 will also exist on another console.

Halo3 is already known, footage is out, and people have already experienced previous Halo games so they know in some degree what to expect.

Killzone on the other hand has more potential to surprise.

When the mighty Halo 3 release, all Sony and Guerrilla has to do is release another masterpieces trailer of Killzone and that should somewhat distract the sales of Halo a bit. ;)

While I do understand the point that some of you are trying to make bear in mind the fact that Halo 3 will probably have more preorders than Killzone has total sales. Halo 2 sold over 2 million copies in 24 hours and that was basically selling the product sight unseen. Expect more of the same from Halo 3. Even if it isn't the grail of gaming you're looking at about 3 million guaranteed sales. A bad or mediocre Halo 3 will only damage the sales of the next game in the franchise, it won't hurt itself because too many will have sold alreayd to make it a success.

I doubt that IF Halo 3 ships with its current graphics...

Chances of that are somewhere between 0 and 0.

Assen makes a good point, a great example of this is MGS2. Huge sales, but people were dissapointed with the game in general, as a result MGS3 sales suffered despite being a much better game.

AAA sequals can get by on hype alone, but only for one game.

I doubt that IF Halo 3 ships with its current graphics...

Of course, not only Bungie has reputation for games with broken gameplay and horrible graphics, but also folks at Microsoft don't actually care how a flagship title for their console looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back