Killzone PS3.. in 07?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is true they need to start showing the game ASAP. Most probably they will show something on E3...

Who wants to bet me this wont happen?

Go ahead, bet me.

They rushed Killzone to make it's 2004 release, when they really needed another 3 months of playtesting and polishing.

I expect Sony want KZ2 to arrive at the same time as Halo3.

3 years should be enough Dev time for something like this.

If Bungie can get Halo 3 out this year, why can't Guerilla do the same with KZ2? They actually had another game in development at they same time as KZ1, called Shellshock.

Making the release date doesn't mean the game will be any good.

I expect we will see it at E3 and it will be released in November this year.

But I wouldn't bet on it, I not a betting man, and there are too many unknowns at this point.

Why do you believe it won't make this release date?

They rushed Killzone to make it's 2004 release, when they really needed another 3 months of playtesting and polishing.

I expect Sony want KZ2 to arrive at the same time as Halo3.

3 years should be enough Dev time for something like this.

If Bungie can get Halo 3 out this year, why can't Guerilla do the same with KZ2? They actually had another game in development at they same time as KZ1, called Shellshock.

Making the release date doesn't mean the game will be any good.

I expect we will see it at E3 and it will be released in November this year.

But I wouldn't bet on it, I not a betting man, and there are too many unknowns at this point.

Why do you believe it won't make this release date?

Because games almost never make release date.

The game would have to be done to be coming in fall 07. That's how slow game devs are. The game would have to be done now, basically, so they can tweak it for the next 8 months.

Halo 3 you can tell is coming in fall because the damn game is done (behind the scenes, for the most part). They want to give us a massive spring beta for cryin out loud.

Wow I am surprised. Lets say its released fall of 2007 it would have taken around 2 years to finish. Too short for a game expecting to reach as much as possible the target render. I think this will be more like a strategy to remind people of the game, and keep people interested on the PS3. I am expecting something to be shown this year, but the game will be delayied further.

Otherwise this potentially great title will end up like Killzone1 which showed potential, but at the end was literally slaughtered by glitches and bugs. This one is supposed to present even more complex AI, interactivity, physics and detail so this might be even messier if the right development time isnt devoted

Because games almost never make release date.

The game would have to be done to be coming in fall 07. That's how slow game devs are. The game would have to be done now, basically, so they can tweak it for the next 8 months.

Halo 3 you can tell is coming in fall because the damn game is done (behind the scenes, for the most part). They want to give us a massive spring beta for cryin out loud.
Different companies have different beta policies. Or are you a PR guy for these companies privy to the release info?

Different companies have different beta policies. Or are you a PR guy for these companies privy to the release info?

So you think Killzone will come out in 2007?

That they have not shown any footage of, nor picture?

I'd almost be surprised if Heavenly Sword comes out in 2007.

So you think Killzone will come out in 2007?

That they have not shown any footage of, nor picture?

I'd almost be surprised if Heavenly Sword comes out in 2007.

Well I ve seen in another forum someone claiming that Harisson mentioned in OPM Killzone will be shown soon. How soon that is I dont know. Not that I am expecting it's release in 2007

big news: killzone 2 will be out before the end of march 2007, and it will look as good as the E32K5 trailer, it will be an interactive movie a la dragon's lair.

:arrow:

If theyre seriously gonna do that, all I can say is: good luck :LOL:

I think Halo will be out sooner, as it looks like it's coming along rather speedily. I think they can release it in the summer.

I disagree. The company I work for can and does manage to finish big games a month (or month and a half) before it's on the shelves, and quite frequently. Testing starts way before it hits anything resembling gold master.

Here are my estimates (Judging from PR of the said titles released so far, released information and announced release schedule estimates)..:

Halo 3 - Judging from the fact that we haven't seen any good clean footage of the "actual" game in play so far, I would imagine a winter release.. That way MS will have enough time to fully execute the hype machine that they probably intend to build for its release.. It also gives them enough time to get the game polished, have a marketing campaign that's reached critical mass and (after my estimated h/w price drop just before/after the summer) offer a wonder-deal to those punters who considered buying an xbox360 but were still on the fence.. Also they'll probably be releasing Halo2 for vista sometime during the summer and it would help to separate the release of the two, not to mention the later Halo 3's release, the easier it maybe for MS to actually get the Halo movie done and release it not "too" long after..

Heavenly Sword - Probably see release sometime during the summer in europe and the US. Afterall they finished ramping up full-scale production quite a few months before xmas and they've already had the game playable at E3 in march last yr..

Killzone 2 - I'm somewhat skeptical that we'll see this game this side of 2008.. I wouldn't be suprised to see Killzone 2 finally get a release date scheduled for fall 08 or summer 09.. I'm sure we'll see something of Killzone 2, but I'm sure what we will see is going to be nothing short of amazing on the graphics front as Sony have already prepared peoples expectations of the games visual standard. I'm sure once the rendering technology has matured drastically, making full use of the Cell + RSX architecture in ways that haven't yet been thought of by the industry as a whole, Sony will be in a better position to showcase the fruits of there labours in terms of media so they can, in a sense, "save face" and tell us "See! we told you it was real-time at E3 2005!" (even though we kno it's all PR..) with this time-frame in mind, this would allow the post-Halo hype to dy down (possibly leading to less comparisons by the press on KZ's release) AND provide the rest of the dev team enough time to actually putogether a game design which builds upon the original in new ways, putting right the faults of the previous, expanding the parts which made the original so good and also benefit from the financial weight of Sony to pump into it the kind of production values not yet seen in a PS title..

Just my estimates NEways.. Feel free to disagree.. :D

I wonder how well the development is going when the original team jumped off and now they are recruiting as hell.

Development is going good last I heard (last I asked was around october). All that team jumping ship crap was false. It was one guy IIRC, and he actually left a long time ago and went to Rebellion to do his own thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back