Killer Instinct [XO]

Also cross-play with PC gamers, but this feature has been confirmed already.

New update, more about story mode of the season 2 and many other things.

http://www.killerinstinctcentral.co...-now-season-2-story-mode-aria-retro-and-more/

Going to go in and play some KI later after watching SFV on Twitch.

Weird that I am getting less enthused about getting SFV right now the more I watch. It could be because the lack of available characters, but the gameplay appears slower to me. I may end up getting this on PC instead to avoid having to buy a PS4 stick since I plan on buying/building a new desktop PC along with buying either a Surface Pro 3 or 4 this year.

Wow! Killer Instinct Top 8 for EVO was so good. The game is well balanced with no repeat characters in Top 8 and 1 Japanese player that had some insane execution/tech.

Going to go in and play some KI later after watching SFV on Twitch.

Weird that I am getting less enthused about getting SFV right now the more I watch. It could be because the lack of available characters, but the gameplay appears slower to me. I may end up getting this on PC instead to avoid having to buy a PS4 stick since I plan on buying/building a new desktop PC along with buying either a Surface Pro 3 or 4 this year.
Now you can also play Killer Instinct, because you have the Xbox One version. The game is not only cross-play, but also cross buy. So if you have the Xbox One version, you can have the PC version too, for free.

I got to get Windows first with a decent PC. Unfortunately both my PC and laptop are pretty old.

I'm going to upgrade the desktop or build a new one this year and plan to pick up either a Surface Pro 3 or 4 as well.

I love behind the scene looks into game development. In this case, even better. Such a great game with a "Killer" soundtrack. The Jago theme is probably my favorite.

I got to get Windows first with a decent PC. Unfortunately both my PC and laptop are pretty old.

I'm going to upgrade the desktop or build a new one this year and plan to pick up either a Surface Pro 3 or 4 as well.

Intel Skylake should be out in a couple of weeks and if you can swing one, a 980TI is an absolute monster that will be top dog atleast for a 1year+ when Pascal comes out. It's actually one of those rare times when all things align for a good "future proof" build.

If you time it right components can last you years on end and still work well. My 2600k is probably 4+ years old and still kicks ass for gaming. 16gb was cheap and mobo was only 150 even back then . No need to replace PSU, case etc...just upgrade GPU once in a while.

Last edited:
That game is going to be an instant buy once it is released on PC, watching EVO 2015 right now :)

I watch a lot of KI streaming tournaments and follow some of the better players on Twitch.

That grand final is really good although to those that don't play a lot, it will look like Rico just lames the other player out with zoning once he has Instinct enabled. It was a really good strategy that I have not seen other players use before and also (I think) the first major tournament won using Fulgore.

My main is Sadira, but I'm trying to learn Hisako. I was about to give up on her, but there was a really good example of how good she can be last night on the 8bitbeatdown KI tournament. She can really be intimidating in the right style of play.

Add me in to your Friends list when you get it to get some games in. GT: Timberwolf25
The game is suppose to be crossbuy/crossplay

For those that don't know, there is a weekly on-line tournament on twitch called the 8 bit beat down. Entering is free via their site and recently there are actually prize payouts for Top 3 and on some weeks Top 8. Above are some highlights from this week's tourney. This game is really good on-line with netcode that is very near playing a person live.

The matches are very entertaining with some good character variety in the Top 8.

So I got this from XBL Gold, it says "Season 2", but when I go in game and skillfully weave my way around ads, I try to pick a guy and it tells me to buy season 2 bundle. What exactly is in this "free" game, just season one?

So I got this from XBL Gold, it says "Season 2", but when I go in game and skillfully weave my way around ads, I try to pick a guy and it tells me to buy season 2 bundle. What exactly is in this "free" game, just season one?
Correct, just season 1 for XBLG

Make sure you goto My Games and Apps, then "Killer Instinct", then select Manage Game to make sure all the additional players from Season 1 are Installed. When I first looked at mine, only the main game was installed, none of the Season 1 Characters were. So I had to do a "install all".

Cool, thanks.

I think you also get Killer Instinct classic as well.

For those that have it (no excuse because S1 is free), hit me up if you see me online.
GT: Timberwolf25
The only other player I've played from B3D is iroboto who has a really good Orchid. Playing a "winner stays" on Private Lobby with a number of players is really fun. Right now, I main Sadira and Hisako, but I've been playing around with Sabrewulf because you know "wulf"...

Back