Killer Instinct [XO]

After the Double Hellix acquisition by Amazon, Microsoft have a new development partner for Killer Instinct.

I am very curious about the differences in approach. The game is fine now, very good, save the typical bug and the lack of single player story -to be added later-.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/06/m...rtner-for-killer-instinct/?ncid=rss_truncated

im actually quite happy that Double helix is off project now. This game absoultely should have been 1080P from the start and the art leaves alot to be desired.

im actually quite happy that Double helix is off project now. This game absoultely should have been 1080P from the start and the art leaves alot to be desired.

I'm not totally enamored with the character designs, but the gameplay is great. I'd be worried about someone else taking over and messing up the actual gameplay.

C'mon MS give me a bundle I really want---HALO MCC bundle with 1TB HDD and Kinect for $399 or $450 tops. This will be near the top of my list!
Huh? :oops: I thought you had the Xbox One already for some odd reason and that you got it recently --but then I remember I've only seen you playing the Xbox 360 when I played Super Street Fighter IV on a regular basis.

Well, it's a fine console, more than it was credited for, but in a way the backlash is understandable. One thing you might like, I think, is the increased amount of friends you can have on the Xbox One.

I gotta say I don't play online with others much --it is very demanding, 'cos phone calls, messages, etc, can't be answered back without leaving a game, so I feel "safer" playing single player or offline save for some specific hours.

But I am adding a lot of friends and people are adding me on their own, which I love 'cos I usually kept a small list of RL friends and online friends (20 something in total) on the Xbox 360, but on the Xbox One is a lot more fun.

With more friends you get a lot more people to compare things like lap times, records, playing their ghosts on Powerstar Golf, people on Diablo 3 sending you gifts or you sending gifts to them, confronting their Nemesis (a monster that killed a friend of yours, some big horns sounds telling you it's about to appear, and you can avenge your friend) :) on Diablo 3.... etc etc. It's SO fun.

I'm going to get one--just waiting for the right bundle/price.

For multiplayer games, the only ones I tend play with random online players are fighting games. I don't have many friends interested in playing them. FPS and Racing games, I try to play with friends like the B3D group for Halo.

"No brainer pickups" will be KI, FH2 and Halo MCC. I'll probably pick up Ryse on the cheap as well.

I'll look you up for X1 games when I pick one up.

New character, Hisako:

B_c6mn5WAAE_l_2.jpg

B_g2BElUwAEk88V.jpg

"Hisako has an additional Meter called Revenge meter. She has counter attacks high and low. Plus a command grab that contorts your opponent."

B_g1vEZVEAE4LQ-.jpg

"Hisako's additional meter is called Wrath Meter. Thank you @TheKeits. @JosephJBroni tricked me."

"In Instinct mode here Wrath meter is always full which means constant counter hits."

"Hisako has unique auto-doubles. You can hold her auto-doubles which will change the timing to feel like Manual hits."

I main Sadira since I only own Season One Ultra edition.
When I pick up Season Two Ultra, Hisako will definitely be my next character (at least to try). My only concern is her lack of mobility (she does have a good dash attack). Too bad she doesn't have a projectile since I guess it doesn't fit her counter/grappler archetype.

There seems to be a real competitive culture building around KI, which is great. That's the real sign of a quality fighting game.

Anyone here have the game?
I wouldn't mind setting up some kind of Lobby for some casual gaming arcade style--winner stays, loser goes to the back of the line.

Anyone here have the game?
I wouldn't mind setting up some kind of Lobby for some casual gaming arcade style--winner stays, loser goes to the back of the line.
I do, but I still have the Season 1 version, might get the Season 2 pretty soon, the game is becoming awesome. Additionally, you are in my friends list from the X360 days, right? Gotta check if it translated over to the Xbox One.

Back