Josh Robinson's blog on PS3/XBOX360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow the gaming community is mirroring politics when breaking down peoples comments / opinions. Should he be asked to step down for such comments? Who are his sources referring to comments about the Xbox 360? Do we need to start an investigation into whether he be broke his NDA? ;)

Sorry just trying to lighten this conversation a little :)

scooby_dooby said:
How did this guy break any NDA's?

Name me one specific fact that he states that would break an NDA.

Basically everything in there is opinion, or anecdotal, he revealed nothing about the ps3, it's games, it's launch date or anything like that.

Are Dev's not even allowed to at least speak about their opinions?

To answer your question...many times, no, no they are not even allowed to publically state their opinion.

jpr27 said:
Wow the gaming community is mirroring politics when breaking down peoples comments / opinions. Should he be asked to step down for such comments? Who are his sources referring to comments about the Xbox 360? Do we need to start an investigation into whether he be broke his NDA? ;)

Sorry just trying to lighten this conversation a little :)

Yes, he should step down for 'personal reasons' or to 'spend more time with his family'. ;)

ON a more serious note, why do we care if he broke his NDA? Does it really matter to us if he's bitter AND stupid, instead of just bitter?

expletive said:
Heh i didnt follow it long enough to see the shocking conclusion, interesting.

Do you by chance have a link to the 'retraction'?

EDIT: and the original post would be great as well...

LOL, well I don't have it handy. I can look for it later. Won't be now because though I'm not too busy to type up posts, I *am* too busy to search through them. :) I know where it would be though, so when I do find it I'll send you the link.

scooby_dooby said:
Are Dev's not even allowed to at least speak about their opinions?
Of course were allowed opinions, however is it wise to publically state things that embarass your bosses and company?

What you say in private over a pint is one thing, saying it over the internet is another.

DeanoC said:
Of course were allowed opinions, however is it wise to publically state things that embarass your bosses and company?

What you say in private over a pint is one thing, saying it over the internet is another.

Read: Deano is highly unsatisfied by the state of things. ;)

DeanoC said:

Ya I hear ya. I can't understand why anyone would do that, insult your own project? That pretty dumb...

It seems to me the guy is just pissed off that they won't have the actual system for long enough before launch, and are forced to create a sub-par game because of it....it seems all his anger in the OP stems from the fact he hasn't yet recieved the "system"

ROG27 said:
Too slow...saw your original post ;)

PS. Do you run psinext.com, by chance?

Do I run it? No... that honor goes to others.

I'm staff on the article/technology side of things and forum moderate as well. The guys that used to run it sold it to E-mpire I guess a year ago almost.

PS3Insider, I'll always miss thee... but I like the feel now also.

Last edited by a moderator:
xbdestroya said:
Read: Deano is highly unsatisfied by the state of things. ;)
More likely that DeanoC fancies a pint and a natter.. In which case, Friday night after work ok, Deano? :)

Dean

DeanA said:
More likely that DeanoC fancies a pint and a natter.. In which case, Friday night after work ok, Deano? :)

Dean

Well, I knew I had to be expecting a witty retort from somewhere :)

(and when expecting witty retorts - expect the Deans!)

Last edited by a moderator:
DeanA said:

Dean
Can we come too and discuss.....privately about PS3? :mrgreen:

scooby_dooby said:
How did this guy break any NDA's?

Name me one specific fact that he states that would break an NDA.

That SOE is working on a PS3 games.
Insider info on what some of the PS3 launch games will be like.
non-public info related to dev boxes.
The only way he isn't breaking an NDA is if SCE and SOE fubar'd and either SOE didn't have their guys on a good enough NDA (or an NDA) or SCE assumed that because SOE and SCE are the same company, they didn't need to have SOE employees under an NDA.

I can tell you pretty blatantly, that in my industry, chatter like that would get you fired. Especially public chatter. And maybe even blackballed. Its pretty friggin dumb to do what he did.

As far as your comments about opinions, as soon as an opinion is flavored by info tainted by NDA material, the opinion is covered by NDA.

Aaron Spink
speaking for myself inc.

I won't make any comment on the claims he's making, but I've certainly added this dude's name to my mental "don't hire this person" list.

NDA breaker or not, and be it all truth, opinon or lies - he's not the sharpest tool in the box.

aaronspink said:
That SOE is working on a PS3 games.
Insider info on what some of the PS3 launch games will be like.
non-public info related to dev boxes.
The only way he isn't breaking an NDA is if SCE and SOE fubar'd and either SOE didn't have their guys on a good enough NDA (or an NDA) or SCE assumed that because SOE and SCE are the same company, they didn't need to have SOE employees under an NDA.

I can tell you pretty blatantly, that in my industry, chatter like that would get you fired. Especially public chatter. And maybe even blackballed. Its pretty friggin dumb to do what he did.

As far as your comments about opinions, as soon as an opinion is flavored by info tainted by NDA material, the opinion is covered by NDA.

Aaron Spink
speaking for myself inc.

He also said that he talked with other developers and has seen other games.Judging by what I ve read so far about SCEWW why should 1st Party Devs say that XBOX360 is better when 1st Part Devs dont develop for XBOX360?Unless he spoke with 3rd party devs?

He also said that there is nothing specifically impressive as a next gen project under development yet.
From DeanoC's and Guerilla devs' statements I conclude that they have seen pretty good things.
Heavenly Sword alone has everything he claims he havent seen yet.

Nesh said:
He also said that he talked with other developers and has seen other games.Judging by what I ve read so far about SCEWW why should 1st Party Devs say that XBOX360 is better when 1st Part Devs dont develop for XBOX360?Unless he spoke with 3rd party devs?

He also said that there is nothing specifically impressive as a next gen project under development yet.
From DeanoC's and Guerilla devs' statements I conclude that they have seen pretty good things.
Heavenly Sword alone has everything he claims he havent seen yet.

We know Heavenly sword is gameplay footage grafted, scripted, and cleaned up for the trailer...but man...in it's form all the way back at e3 it looked better than anything I have seen for any system to date...technically, anyway.

MrWibble said:
NDA breaker or not, and be it all truth, opinon or lies - he's not the sharpest tool in the box.
That pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back