Josh Robinson's blog on PS3/XBOX360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you guys are here, will the outdoor scenes in HS actually look that good in the final game?

After seeing the big drop N3 seems to have taken in it's newest screens, it just seems the quality in those outdoor scenes is very very ambitious.

Can you comment at all?

DeanA said:
More likely that DeanoC fancies a pint and a natter.. In which case, Friday night after work ok, Deano? :)
You ever me known me to turn down a pint of that wonderful black stuff? :D

scooby_dooby said:
Since you guys are here, will the outdoor scenes in HS actually look that good in the final game?

After seeing the big drop N3 seems to have taken in it's newest screens, it just seems the quality in those outdoor scenes is very very ambitious.

Can you comment at all?
He is not answering and I dont like that :mrgreen:

aaronspink said:
I can tell you pretty blatantly, that in my industry, chatter like that would get you fired. Especially public chatter. And maybe even blackballed. Its pretty friggin dumb to do what he did.
He broke quite a few NDAs at SOE.
MrWibble said:
I won't make any comment on the claims he's making, but I've certainly added this dude's name to my mental "don't hire this person" list.

NDA breaker or not, and be it all truth, opinon or lies - he's not the sharpest tool in the box.
He blacklisted himself as soon as he posted what he posted, that's beyond any kind of stupidity.

BTW, the SOE guys love him now. Since they're waiting for the "news" from execs.

DeanA said:
More likely that DeanoC fancies a pint and a natter.. In which case, Friday night after work ok, Deano? :)

Dean

If that will be the sort of conversation then I'll pay for the drinks... I'd suggest B-Bar apart from the fact it's too loud to hear insider PS3 secrets, The Pickerel does good real ales... ;)

Nesh said:
He is not answering and I dont like that :mrgreen:
I'll stick with my previous comments, that there is nothing that we showed in the E3 demo thats not achievable at full framerate on the machine were working on.

DeanoC said:
I'll stick with my previous comments, that there is nothing that we showed in the E3 demo thats not achievable at full framerate on the machine were working on.
ok thanks :)

And according to Deano's last remark that would make Josh what?...

at the very least a moron and at the very most an incompetent lunatic.

Wow.
5 devkits in the US?
Wow.
"We were the only company to my knowledge that showed something that ran it live on the box. "
Wow.

Its so obviously written by someone with some serious anti-PS3 issues but its funny nonetheless. It reads like a TeamXbox rumour post ("I work for x company and I heard from a friend [...] I don't really know all this technical stuff, but..."). Its more funny because he is (?) the real deal.

I want to know who is telling him this about the respective powers of the consoles. I've heard basically no one say pro-X360 power arguments except MS and now him. Whilst on the other side you have Sony, a host of Sony devs, and third-party Carmack. Hmmmm.

And I can't imagine a serious artist/developer saying their game looks last-gen and will be out for the sake of it.

DeanoC said:
Sounds great. But wasn't that demo at 1080/60p :p

nelg said:
I hope that fighting career is working out well for him!

I'm a big fan of those sports and your comment got me goin'. I just looked on a site w/ a pretty comprehensive database=couldn't find his record as a fighter, or any other info on him as a fighter. Usually they keep pretty good records/rankings for pro fights because they have state athletic commissions in the US. So unless he's fighting under another name I'd guess it ain't working too well.

DeanoC said:
You ever me known me to turn down a pint of that wonderful black stuff? :D
Mmmmm, tar!

Perhaps Josh has had one to many cloutrs to the cranium in his other activities? Anyone going public with 'Ho, I work for so and so, and the game we're writing now is rather lame looking and feels like we're really rushing,' is asking for trouble. Perhaps it's a blight of the blog? People treat it like a private diary forgetting it's public. What he said is actually fair - 'it's the same for all new hardware. Don't expect much more than ports for the first months,' - just not wise.

I dunno. . .what I got out of that was young snot not old enuf to have been around for previous console launches, and now he's shocked that first gen titles won't be nearly as polished as succeeding gens --and the immutable, inescapable reasons why this is invariably true.

Errrm, isn't this received wisdom? So we're shocked that he's shocked? Or shocked that he'd be so indiscreet to go off the hype reservation and admit it in public?

Either way, other than what he may have just done to his own career. . .nothing to see here, move along, move along. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
DeanoC said:
God bless you kind sir.

Shifty Geezer said:
Perhaps it's a blight of the blog? People treat it like a private diary forgetting it's public.

Actually it wasnt even a blog was it? Apparently it was an article (phrased as a PS3 "review") he posted for that downinfront.tv website. Which I suppose makes it all the more amusing.

DeanoC said:

Wow, well I'm certainly looking forward to it!

p.s. achievable like..this year achievable?

A subpar artist(soe right?) vents against the machine whose overwhelming might will help good artist distinguish themselves more from his kind, you don't say ;) .

xbdestroya said:
Dean seems to move in mysterious ways. :cool:

(now give us some RSX info!)

Likely to be true info that'd probably be under NDA:
Minor Clock boost to 600Mhz, increased vram Bandwidth ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
ROG27 said:
And according to Deano's last remark that would make Josh what?...

at the very least a moron and at the very most an incompetent lunatic.

Or he is the biggest idiot on the planet or........hmmm.....he got a bag full of money by someone? ;) :LOL:

Weird if you ask me.I wonder if he is truelly him or an impersonator.But if its him.....well...either he is rich now or a dead man :LOL:

I don't lend any credence to the guy, but I think it's interesting that you see two types of attacks in this thread: 1) discredit his abilities or 2) discredit parts of his information, since the il-logic would be if part is wrong the whole must be wrong.

I saved myself a whole lotta trouble and just assumed it was a boy-who-happens-to-also-be-a-fan and gave it as much credit I would an inquirer article. ;)

(Also, I would add that in the states we have--depending on the state--a law called At Will employement, in which the employer and the employee are in an At Will working relationship, meaning either can terminate the relationship, at will...)

The_Standard said:
I'm a big fan of those sports and your comment got me goin'. I just looked on a site w/ a pretty comprehensive database=couldn't find his record as a fighter, or any other info on him as a fighter. Usually they keep pretty good records/rankings for pro fights because they have state athletic commissions in the US. So unless he's fighting under another name I'd guess it ain't working too well.

http://thefightgame.tv/no_limits_nov_13_2004_results_fight_gallery_F2.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back