Good horror movies

If anyone likes bad movies I can´t recommend "The Last Vampire on Earth" enough. RedLetterMedia made a spotlight episode about it which was great. I have also seen the movie and its one of the most entertaining bad movies I´ve ever seen.

I watched an obscure one the other night called Grave of the Vampire. A woman cuts herself so her baby can drink the blood. It has William Smith as the grown up son of a vampire, who hunts his dad.

I watched an obscure one the other night called Grave of the Vampire. A woman cuts herself so her baby can drink the blood. It has William Smith as the grown up son of a vampire, who hunts his dad.

I remember the title, I used to have it on DVD. I dont remember if I actually saw the whole thing or if I gave up on it.

By the way, what does rentals mean? For older movies, instead of going by the gross, they mention how much a movie earns in distributor or domestic rentals.

I think that's the cut the studios gain back from the amount of tickets sold in cinemas. But I don't quite know.

Can you recommend me any movies like Wrong Turn? I really like road horror movies where a group of friends find themselves lost someplace, or get pursued by a killer, monsters, or something to that effect.

Those are always engaging. Because I find some other kind of horror movies like those demon possession ones can be as boring AF. Especially if there's too much banter, or the story makes no sense. Or too many flashbacks take up the running time.

I also hate ones where a person is revealed to just be imagining things. I so hate those. :D

I dont know if it qualifies as horror and it might be so famous you already know about it but how about The Hitcher with Rutger Hauer
Still holds up only just watched it again not long ago. But you did make me remember a more obscure Rutger movie that maybe some here did miss, think it was from the late 80's or early 90's and probably hasn't held up well and not really horror but he did one called Split Second and it's a low budget monster/alien movie. I never forgot the scene where his buddy works out they need more firepower and is getting around the police armory saying they need big fuckin guns and everything is too small except for some minigun looking thing.

Went and tracked down the trailer.

Also Hobo with a Shotgun is a more recent movie Rutger is in but it's more just a violent movie than a horror.

Back