Good horror movies

It was one of the better modern possession movies, not a complete waste of time like exorcist believers. I think that was the name it had 2 girls being possessed in it and I can't think of a better way to describe it while being civil ;)
Haha yeah, when the trailer for that daft Exorcist film came on in the cinema, my eyes rolled so hard, I'm pretty sure I looked possessed.

Have you seen this rip off before? :p

It is essentially a scene-for-scene clone of The Exorcist (which I reckon could be illegal). :ROFLMAO:

That was the longest 30 seconds of my life. I think legal action wasn't pursued because Warner Bros executives knew that the dozen people who watched the full film would die of a seizure.

I just got back from a screening of Longlegs. Very enjoyable, tense, foreboding film which is best viewed without knowing much about it.

Nicolas Cage is in it, which I know can make a film must-watch or just-avoid. Personally, I'm the former ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Void. The best lovecraft inspired movie I´ve seen. It captures the madness and nightmare of cosmic horror Lovecraft tried to create but never quite succeded with in my opinion.

I loved this movie, modern horror movies have been really sub par in general and this reinforced how practical effects are still king for horror.

On a related note if you havn't seen color out of space with nic cage it's another lovecraftian movie, not as good as the void but still worth a look if your into the genre.

On a side note continuing with mr cage lol if you want something that you will finish and ask yourself wtf you just watched maybe check out mandy aswell.
I have both of these as blu-rays, also in same theme Dagon, Necronomicon: Book of the Dead and Call Girl of C'thulhu. Haven't actually watched any of the five yet though, it's hard to watch movies alone.

I have both of these as blu-rays, also in same theme Dagon, Necronomicon: Book of the Dead and Call Girl of C'thulhu. Haven't actually watched any of the five yet though, it's hard to watch movies alone.

Guillermo del Toros cabinett of curiosities on netflix had some episodes that were good. First episode in partical was great. They are standalone episodes which are either Lovecraft adaptations or inspirered by his work. Some episodes was total trash though.

Sadly, I think producers took the piss out of him in his final years, rendering him a has been of sorts. He was always getting typecast, and grew angry at Boris Karloff always getting billing over him.

The same with Lon Chaney Jr. and other popular horror stars. They had great careers, but their last few pictures stunk.

I have nearly every top ten film in the history of the US box office. I want to replace a lot of DVDs with Blu-rays, but it's really hard to keep an expensive pastime going.

Sadly, I think producers took the piss out of him in his final years, rendering him a has been of sorts. He was always getting typecast, and grew angry at Boris Karloff always getting billing over him.

The same with Lon Chaney Jr. and other popular horror stars. They had great careers, but their last few pictures stunk.

I´ve seen the old Dracula movie, and I guess he was past his prime then. In which movies does he really shine?

I nearly typed Bella Legosi was buried in a coffin, what I meant to say he was buried in his Dracula costume.
ps: the most metal horror star Christopher lee

Back