John Carmack's most important .plan/blog update soon

Reverend

Banned
And it will be about how he thinks those special effects and The Rock are cool.

Starts Oct 20 here in Malaysia. Will probably watch it by myself (don't think I would want my son to watch it).

Reverend said:
Sorry, must be out of touch. It's already showing in the US, or there's already a trailer (that's shitty)?
There's already a couple of trailers I've seen, and yes it looks that shitty. :(

RussSchultz said:
I actually busted out laughing when they started showing the first person view with the chainsaw. Sooooo cheeezy.

That's why B-movies, which weren't intended to be funny in that kind of way, can be really hilarious.

Take plan nine from outer space or eraserhead. Eraserhead was quite well recieved by critics, which makes it even more fun to laugh out loud at just how bad this movie is.

RussSchultz said:
I actually busted out laughing when they started showing the first person view with the chainsaw. Sooooo cheeezy.
I agree, but I thought resident evil was hilarious too. I plan to watch it b/c it is usually funny a little mystery science theater action if you will.

And the new issue of PC Gamer just gave Quake 4 an underwhelming 70% rating. id is not going to have a good October, not once Doom the movie gets Rotten Tomato'd.

John Reynolds said:
And the new issue of PC Gamer just gave Quake 4 an underwhelming 70% rating. id is not going to have a good October, not once Doom the movie gets Rotten Tomato'd.
Is id a "consultant" for the movie? Or did they have nothing to do with the movie other than earn money for the use of the title?

John Reynolds said:

urgh.....70%.... how much did they give to Doom3....if you remember?

Reverend said:
Is id a "consultant" for the movie? Or did they have nothing to do with the movie other than earn money for the use of the title?

I think they helped the producers, and at a lot of levels wanted the movie to be "authentic". Which it probably will be, and therefore mediocre as an enteraintment experience.

digitalwanderer said:
I think 90%+ at least, that's what I find weird too.

I think this is payback for all the high Doom3 scores. :(

thats bad.... there is high chance it will suck.... for those that played earlier versions....
kids that never played old ones and have new puters will prolly like it, but it wont be Quake for sure...(just as Doom wasnt Doom... for us old farts;))

Back