Is this Nintendos Revolution?!?!?

What was it called the nintendo VR or what ever it was I would say it was the only system that could make you blind from playing it lol.

Natoma said:
Virtual Boy, the system that didn't exist :p

*jvd looks at his virtual boy on his desk.... looks at natoma's post .... looks back at his virtual boy ...... wonders what he is talking about ... then goes blind from looking at the virtual boy !*

Natoma said:
jvd said:
oh how about neo geo ? first home system with perfect arcade ports ?

Doesn't really count. They just took the arcade boards, surrounded them in plastic cartridge casings, and sold them for $250. :)

errr that launched at 750$ and the games were 150$

Trust me it counts

*goes to basement , looks at his neo geo .... thinks about how much money he would have had if he invested it wisely ... then figures he would have blown it on a date anyway and this was much better ... then runs off and plays virtual boy*

jvd said:
Natoma said:
Virtual Boy, the system that didn't exist :p

*jvd looks at his virtual boy on his desk.... looks at natoma's post .... looks back at his virtual boy ...... wonders what he is talking about ... then goes blind from looking at the virtual boy !*

As far as nintendo is concerned. Duh. :p

Of course, gunpei yokoi committed suicide after the system released as a total abysmal failure. that was really sad.

yea it was sad that he did that . The virtual boy was fun but not practical at the time . If released today i think things would be diffrent

jvd said:
Natoma said:
jvd said:

Doesn't really count. They just took the arcade boards, surrounded them in plastic cartridge casings, and sold them for $250. :)

Trust me it counts

*goes to basement , looks at his neo geo .... thinks about how much money he would have had if he invested it wisely ... then figures he would have blown it on a date anyway and this was much better ... then runs off and plays virtual boy*

Bah! I just checked. The system and cartridges, wholesale, were $650 and $200 respectively. Retail otoh was a different story.

jvd said:
Natoma said:
jvd said:

Trust me it counts

Damn JVD I think I finally found someone who was more addicted to games than I was as a kid.

Addicted? No. Parents willing to shell out moolah? Yes. :)

My folks would have laughed in my face if I asked them to buy a Neo Geo for me, along with some games to actually use it. :LOL:

I did have a friend who had a Neo Geo though. It was a badass thing to play. Particularly Magician Lord. *drool*.

Oh, and the Fatal Fury series. And Samurai Shodown. Hmm. There was a shooter that I really loved but I can't recall the name.

Addicted? No. Parents willing to shell out moolah? Yes.
I cut grass and shoveled snow all year to afford it and 3 games .

As for the other systems remember i have 3 sisters nad my father all really into gaming. So my dad would normaly buy a system and then we would buy each other games as a gift for whatever ocasion .

Once in a blue moon someone would buy a console . Like i got a genesis for my room and my sister got a superness for hers and we had a genesis and super in the living room .

I owned the neo geo in the house and my sister owned the turbo graphics 16 with cdrom as the only ones with those systems cause of cost .

jvd said:
Addicted? No. Parents willing to shell out moolah? Yes.
I cut grass and shoveled snow all year to afford it and 3 games .

As for the other systems remember i have 3 sisters nad my father all really into gaming. So my dad would normaly buy a system and then we would buy each other games as a gift for whatever ocasion .

Once in a blue moon someone would buy a console . Like i got a genesis for my room and my sister got a superness for hers and we had a genesis and super in the living room .

I owned the neo geo in the house and my sister owned the turbo graphics 16 with cdrom as the only ones with those systems cause of cost .

Just tell me you did not have a 3DO or lynx so I can have 1 system over you lol.

Just tell me you did not have a 3DO or lynx so I can have 1 system over you lol.
have the 3do and both versions of the lynx .

Have a jaguar and the cd player , have a vextorex (Sp? been in storage so long) intellivison , collecovision , the ataris , pong , all sega systems , all nintendo systems , all sony systems (Though only my sisters ps2 works and the psps ) all microsoft systems and basicly all hand helds .

We even have a virtual cop arcade unit and a virtual fighter 2 arcade unit .

jvd said:
have the 3do and both versions of the lynx .

Have a jaguar and the cd player , have a vextorex (Sp? been in storage so long) intellivison , collecovision , the ataris , pong , all sega systems , all nintendo systems , all sony systems (Though only my sisters ps2 works and the psps ) all microsoft systems and basicly all hand helds .

We even have a virtual cop arcade unit and a virtual fighter 2 arcade unit .

You try roadrash and the hoard for your 3do? Those were 2 of my favorite games for the system.

PC-Engine said:
Of course, gunpei yokoi committed suicide after the system released as a total abysmal failure. that was really sad.

Huh? Where'd you pull this out from???

He never committed suicide. :rolleyes:
After getting the "corner desk treatment" at Nintendo, he went on to start his own company. I think he died in a vehicular accident.

Iron Tiger said:
PC-Engine said:

Huh? Where'd you pull this out from???

He never committed suicide. :rolleyes:
After getting the "corner desk treatment" at Nintendo, he went on to start his own company. I think he died in a vehicular accident.

Exactly. He went on to create the Wander Swan IIRC. Anyway he died in a car accident that wasn't even his fault, he wasn't even driving. He was hit by another car when he and his driver got out of the car to look at damage to their own car.

Anyway Nintendo is still continuing down the same design path that he forged. The DS is based on Game & Watch and GB which he invented. In fact he invented the majority of Nintendo's consoles.

Natoma said:
what hand held didn't you have?

not sure , had the lynxs , gamegear , nomad , gameboy , gameboy color , gba , gba sp , wonderswan , ngp , ngage , ds , psp .... I think there are like 2 or 3 more . not sure , would have to look in storage

jvd said:
Natoma said:
what hand held didn't you have?

not sure , had the lynxs , gamegear , nomad , gameboy , gameboy color , gba , gba sp , wonderswan , ngp , ngage , ds , psp .... I think there are like 2 or 3 more . not sure , would have to look in storage
You need a Cybiko, Game.com, NGPC, Gameboy Pocket, PocketStation, Turbo Express, and Gamepark 32 to round out that collection. I'm sure you had a VMU, and I won't count the Game & Watch against you, because there were so many (and I'd also have to count other single game units).

Back