Interresting Sony KDL32V2000 review

overclocked said:
What about the equilent Samsung 40 inch to the 32´72BX modell.

I have the Samsung 32" R72 at home (my flatmate's) and although it's a very nice TV, and slightly better than the R51 i just sold, i feel like i want something better. The Samsung Freeview is SLOW, even slower than my R51 for some reason. And the picture quality is just not what i want at this moment in time, i sold my R51 because i wanted better picture quality and better built quality, and the Sony seems to be the only way to go as i don't want to venture in a year-long quest researching all brands and all sets. The 40V2000 is being touted as the best IQ out there for LCDs and that's me sold :smile:
I was actually looking at Plasmas too but to be honest i prefer the less-maintenance-required position of LCDs, regarding burn-in in particular, also for PC use plasmas are hopeless.

sir doris said:
LB you not tempted by the 40X2000? ;)

HAH i wish i had that kind of money... I saw the 46X in some shops and even considering it was set up embarrassingly bad, the IQ was still quite scary. Don't think the 40X is coming out any time soon.

london-boy said:
I have the Samsung 32" R72 at home (my flatmate's) and although it's a very nice TV, and slightly better than the R51 i just sold, i feel like i want something better. The Samsung Freeview is SLOW, even slower than my R51 for some reason. And the picture quality is just not what i want at this moment in time, i sold my R51 because i wanted better picture quality and better built quality, and the Sony seems to be the only way to go as i don't want to venture in a year-long quest researching all brands and all sets. The 40V2000 is being touted as the best IQ out there for LCDs and that's me sold :smile:
I was actually looking at Plasmas too but to be honest i prefer the less-maintenance-required position of LCDs, regarding burn-in in particular, also for PC use plasmas are hopeless.
You could buy the 32S2000 for a minor upgrade improving image quality and wait for the definitive 40" LED Backlight in the future :)

pascal said:
You could buy the 32S2000 for a minor upgrade improving image quality and wait for the definitive 40" LED Backlight in the future :)

Nah i'm on a roll, i'll just keep updating my TV every 6 months or so :LOL:

I'll probably stick to my 32" for the foreseeable future and move to a PJ and screen for 1080P viewing in a year or two.

Back