Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Has anyone looked at Deus Ex 3?

It has some kind of weird filter, which gives it a kind of oil painting look like GTA4 on 360.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_9594_en.html#forum

Aside from the unique art direction, it doesn't look too good technically, pity they didn't create a new engine instead of repurposing Tomb Raider's. Eidos Montreal aren't exactly renowned developers are they?

Looks almost like an Xbox game in some screens:
image_deus_ex_human_revolution-13222-2038_0001.jpg

image_deus_ex_human_revolution-13222-2038_0002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
720p 60fps, some cut-scenes at 30. Doesn't look like there's any AA but it's covered quite well.

definitely native 720p for castlevania. The analog capture might have introduced a single pixel blur. Don't know.

what's so special in those shots to call them too good to be 720p ?
I'm asking cause I can't see any.

I think its more of a fact that it runs 60fps(but does it?).I would be surprised with that since it looks great and games like GOW III had to drop 60fps for the looks but this would mean that they did not have to.

I think its more of a fact that it runs 60fps(but does it?).I would be surprised with that since it looks great and games like GOW III had to drop 60fps for the looks but this would mean that they did not have to.

If Giantbomb and IGN are to be believed then the framerate is all over the place at the moment.

Has Rage been confirmed to run at 720p on consoles? I know 60fps is confirmed but im wondering if it will be native 720p.

First, we would need to find out what both games are doing (environment size, character models, AA, object motion blur, etc). GOW3 did a LOT of things while averaging 45 to 50fps.

However, I like the look of the cutscenes. That's what Gamersyde has up, right? It has strong depth in the images.

I played Castlevania for a bit at E3, and it was most definitely not 60fps. It was around 30fps, with object motion blur to make it look more smooth.

Wipeout does 1080p (with some caveats) and 60 fps. Also, Dante's Inferno is 720p and dropped like 1 frame out of 10k in its framerate test.

Back