Hows about dem Bears? 2007 NFL Season talk in here

That was one hell of a game last night! Though I am wallowing in agony over the Pats loss, I take consolation that Peyton finally makes it to the Big Game.
Go Colts!

I edited the thread title for great justice.

Now, let's get back on topic, did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night? The Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory.

Was a great comeback (the biggest in championship history), fun game to watch especially given the amusing touchdowns (another record, 3 linemen scoring td's). Really wanted the Colts to win and when it was 21-3 I almost turned it off in disgust, glad I didn't! Was arguing with a pats fan at work that the last thing they needed was more championships and superbowls, and that they were running out of fingers to place rings on. She replied that they had toes spare.

Being from northern Indiana, this is something I didn't think I would see, now who do I pull for.

I'm so confused.

< Bucs fan :oops:

Rooting for Tony Dungy and the Colts. I don't much like Frankenstein aka Patton Manning but Coach Dungy deserves a superbowl ring. 100% Class Act.:D

Either way the Tampa2 will be represented in the Superbowl :devilish: so I get some satisfaction with that I suppose. As long as Monty Kiffin Doesn't retire anytime soon. :cry:

NFCKnit.tif

:D :D :D

hmm ... I don't know if that was a smart move by the Bears FO. They were flying under the radar this whole time as nobody was picking them, placing all the pressure on Manning and the Colts. Historically Manning has folded hard under pressure.

Bears have a great shot at this game mostly based on their defensive and offensive lines but the real x-factor for them is special teams. Deven Hester has been excellent this year and Colts Kickoff coverage has been lacking. Patriots were regularly returning punts and kickoffs past the 50 on the Colts in the AFC Championship game.

X-factor #2 though is weather. If it's raining down in Miami, watchout for Hesters hands! He may fumble an ill-timed ball or two. This should also affect Manning's passing game and I expect he may try to rely too heavily on Harrison. Bears D should be able to shut down the running game. Colts D I would be surprised if they can shut-down the dual threat of Benson and Jones.

Bears should stay humble and go into this game as the underdog placing all the pressure on Patton Manning and the Colts and keep the pressure on him. If the Bears play this one smart they will come out with a win.

Manning hasn't passed very much at all to Harrison in the playoffs so unless he's wide open he probably won't start now. My money would be on Clark tearing through the middle of the field for some serious yardage.

I'm guessing we'll either see a Colts blowout or Bears are up by 4 at the end of the 1st half and the 2nd half becomes a shootout. Where Grossman attempts to score a TD by throwing to all of the Colts DBs.

If the Colts offense gets hot the game is all but over. The other big question will be how much points/field position is given up by special teams.

It is nice seeing a game that doesn't have a bunch of hotheads in it however. And both coaches are definitely class acts. This should be one of the more interesting super bowls we've had recently. With the exception of Prince doing the halftime show...

:cry:

Damn Grossman!!!!!

epic
side note:the first half was unbelievably exciting, unusual for a super bowl.

:LOL: Actually I found it more boring actually. The first quarter was characterized by the fumble-mania and the 2nd half by the unraveling of the Bears. Grossman's mistakes only added to that. All in all a rather weak Superbowl, the Colts didn't even have to try after the 1st quarter - by then Manning had adjusted to the Bears defense.

Yeah Grossman shouldn't take all the blame for that game. The weather obviously was a factor and definitely limits what you can do on offense. I'd think the rain would make it easier for a defense but the Colts offense just flat out dismantled the Bears D.

I also think the Colts D deserves a lot of credit for their coverage. It's not that Grossman was making bad decisions but he has no options at all on a lot of those plays. None of the receivers would be open, the running game(other than a few big plays) didn't really go anywhere, and the offensive line spent more time running backwards than they did blocking.

Back