Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

After trying bf2042 and new cod being just refurbished cod, same boring ww2 game, suddenly halo infinite is in a good spot to be best FPS released this year. Which is kinda crazy keeping in mind what a roller coaster ride it was. Both sp and mp will be definitely something else something that we haven’t seen in long time and will definitely feel fresh and exciting compared to what competitors have to offer.

After trying bf2042 and new cod being just refurbished cod, same boring ww2 game, suddenly halo infinite is in a good spot to be best FPS released this year. Which is kinda crazy keeping in mind what a roller coaster ride it was. Both sp and mp will be definitely something else something that we haven’t seen in long time and will definitely feel fresh and exciting compared to what competitors have to offer.
Yup, I'm fairly surprised myself. I was a pretty vocal critic of Halo. But they pulled it off without having to become a battle royale, and without having to become Call of Duty. They managed something uniquely Halo and moving it forward to modern fps times.

https://www.thegamer.com/halo-infinite-pc-ray-tracing-discord-lan-parties-ranked/

"There are a few Halo games on PC now, but Infinite is the grand push to make the series an example of cross-platform gaming done right. As revealed in the PC Overview video, 343 Industries is implementing ray-tracing, lan party support, ranked matchmaking, and Discord integration."

That video reminded me to toss my 1080p gsync montior and go for ultra wide screen. If console players complain at M/KB, I gotta say, they don't know how big of an advantage this is: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-UltraWide-Widescreen-X34/dp/B016GNX4SE

ngl, also want that 6900XT haha.

Isn't using 16:9 with the same horizontal fov as ultra wide screen allows you to get better vertical view?

Halo infinite have quite good verticality
If have similar FOV settings, then the UW will always see more. Eventually above 100+ FOV fishbowl effect becomes stronger. So you're seeing a lot more with UW with FOV 100, then you are with 16:9 at 100.
But I would say, that if you are running say 32:9, and you set your FOV to say 75 and you play against a player with 1080p at FOV 100. You still have a major advantage even if you see exactly the same thing. The difference will be how freaking large the opponent will be. It's very difficult to do pixel aiming. So you're still getting that advantage here as with the same FOV, you're getting a much larger person to shoot at.

The video below is the same FOV, just different aspect ratios. If the FOV changes to adjust what you can see things get smaller.

I feel like games that are FPS open world, like Apex, Warzone, etc. Where shots can come at you from any where, having a super wide screen monitor letting you see things bigger and wider, is a major advantage. 32:9 lol, super busted vs 16:9. Night and day advantage.

Let's cheeeattt

halo_infinite_32_9_003.jpg

Last edited:
Ray Tracing coming to Halo post-launch.

Sounds like a second play-through at harder difficulties, or maybe I skip campaign and just play MP until RT is ready. Not sure yet and hoping they showcase the differences before the game launches.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10/21/halo-infinite-the-great-journey-on-pc/
Most excitingly though, we’re looking forward to working closely with AMD to bring raytracing to Halo Infinite. Raytracing is one our top development priorities post-launch and look forward to sharing more soon.

We will likely see more on Halo Infinite Nov 15 at the anniversary.

Last edited:
If have similar FOV settings, then the UW will always see more.

Depends on the game. Some games use vertical rather than horizontal FOV. In those cases, you'll see more of the playing field with a non-ultra widescreen display.

And if you have a 4k 16:9 display that is 36" or larger, you can run the game in 21:9 with black bars top and bottom and it'll give you the exact same or larger screen area with a 36" and greater 16:9 display. Of course, you do miss out on the curved display which is nice if you sit really close to the display.

Regards,
SB

if they put it on sale, it would be sold out right away. It looks like a give away? I'm not really sure.

Even without miners and scalpers this gpu would vanish the moment its listed. I would want to have one badly, not just because i want a 6900XT, but it being a halo edition makes it a must-have :p
Also intresting to see that the ray tracing is added with the help of AMD.

If have similar FOV settings, then the UW will always see more. Eventually above 100+ FOV fishbowl effect becomes stronger. So you're seeing a lot more with UW with FOV 100, then you are with 16:9 at 100.
But I would say, that if you are running say 32:9, and you set your FOV to say 75 and you play against a player with 1080p at FOV 100. You still have a major advantage even if you see exactly the same thing. The difference will be how freaking large the opponent will be. It's very difficult to do pixel aiming. So you're still getting that advantage here as with the same FOV, you're getting a much larger person to shoot at.

The video below is the same FOV, just different aspect ratios. If the FOV changes to adjust what you can see things get smaller.

I feel like games that are FPS open world, like Apex, Warzone, etc. Where shots can come at you from any where, having a super wide screen monitor letting you see things bigger and wider, is a major advantage. 32:9 lol, super busted vs 16:9. Night and day advantage.

Let's cheeeattt

halo_infinite_32_9_003.jpg

I'm confused. Isn't those example of higher horizontal fov / same vertical fov for ultra wide?

I meant to use the same horizontal fov / higher vertical fov with 16:9. Thus you get more vertical.

Although assuming halo infinite have the same design limitations as destiny 2, then the game will only have vertical fov option. Thus 16:9 will stuck with smaller horizontal field of view than ultra wide.

Last edited:
Halo Infinite - Campaign Overview
6am PT / 9am ET / 2pm BST / 3pm CET

The Banished have defeated UNSC forces and taken control of the mysterious Zeta Halo, threatening the survival of humankind. When all hope is lost and humanity's fate hangs in the balance, the Master Chief returns to confront the most ruthless foe he's ever faced. Here's a fresh look at the Halo Infinite campaign that introduces players to true Spartan freedom in the biggest, most wide open and adventure-filled Halo experience yet, launching on December 8 2021.

Back