Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

One of the reasons I didn’t feel the pull of returning to Halo when I took a break. Dealing with desycn, hit registration and cheaters; just turned me off whenever I lost. There wasn’t any consistency as to why I lost that bout, so the lack of consistency turns you off from playing. Imagine trying to text message someone but it only worked 80% of the time. You’d switch apps.

Yah, things are going well on pc.

upload_2022-2-12_18-17-9.png

Bad games need constant content updates to give people novel reasons to keep playing. Good games just keep being played and even if they don't change.

upload_2022-2-12_18-20-26.png

Halo Infinite might have a decent campaign, but the multiplayer is not very good.

I don’t think Halo multi player is bad. It’s just not that inviting to non-veteran players. I haven’t played Halo multiplayer in ages. Didnt recall how multi-player played at all. I got obliterated the first few hours in Halo.

The long ttk makes the game more dependent on skills and tactics. Easy wins such as catching a player running away from you with their back turned isn’t as easy with Halo. I had to really pay attention and absorb the play style of my opponents before I got somewhat comfortable with the game. But by that time, I was no longer motivated.

Even against a decent team, it easy to lose badly especially with a bunch of teammates that don’t understand how to play well together.

I would imagine the aspects of multiplayer that make for a good esport title, makes the multiplayer not very enticing for those looking for a more casual experience.

I don’t think Halo multi player is bad. It’s just not that inviting to non-veteran players. I haven’t played Halo multiplayer in ages. Didnt recall how multi-player played at all. I got obliterated the first few hours in Halo.

The long ttk makes the game more dependent on skills and tactics. Easy wins such as catching a player running away from you with their back turned isn’t as easy with Halo. I had to really pay attention and absorb the play style of my opponents before I got somewhat comfortable with the game. But by that time, I was no longer motivated.

Even against a decent team, it easy to lose badly especially with a bunch of teammates that don’t understand how to play well together.

I would imagine the aspects of multiplayer that make for a good esport title, makes the multiplayer not very enticing for those looking for a more casual experience.

No, it's pretty bad. People don't like the maps, it's missing tons of features from previous halos and the netcode is not up to the standards of other competitive games. Not to mention big team was broken for something like a month and a half, if not longer.

No, it's pretty bad. People don't like the maps, it's missing tons of features from previous halos and the netcode is not up to the standards of other competitive games. Not to mention big team was broken for something like a month and a half, if not longer.
It’s got good potential. Execution was bad. That’s sort of what the issue is. Many other companies have figured it out because they have been on PC for so long and this is 343i first jump into it.

it’s not so easy making a PC game which is what they are finding. It’s much harder to cheat on console, matchmaking is easier on console etc.

So everything people take for granted (the decades of MP experience) on apex,
Call of duty, counter strike, R6 etc: they are experiencing now

Always love hearing developer commentary on speed runs. Many times you get to hear about things that they had a tough time with that are related to some of the skips that the speed runners use. Also, sometimes you get to hear about things that were in the game at one point but then they decided it didn't work as well as they thought it would ... like the Gravity Needler. :)

Regards,
SB

WTF. I’m I the only person here oblivious to the fact that Halo has its own TV series (more like streaming).

The Xbox is devoid of any mention of it unless you have the paramount app.

Im interested but will wait until it’s offered for purchase. Paramount forces their sub on you and then you have to sign up through their app. Paramount you might have gotten me if you allowed me to just appended the cost to my Xbox/microsoft account.

Last edited:
WTF. I’m I the only person here oblivious to the fact that Halo has its own TV series (more like streaming).

The Xbox is devoid of any mention of it unless you have the paramount app.

Im interested but will wait until it’s offered for purchase. Paramount forces their sub on you and then you have to sign up through their app. Paramount you might have gotten me if you allowed me to just appended the cost to my Xbox/microsoft account.

It's because the TV series has almost nothing to do with the Halo Games or Books or Comics or Lore or Anything.

The writers for the TV series decided not to look at anything Halo and to not use anything from Halo other than the names of Characters and armor and ship designs. That's it. None of the characters bears any resemblence to the characters from the Games, Novels, Comics, or Lore except some light resemblance for Master Chief. But even then, their character is almost nothing alike.

Regards,
SB

It's because the TV series has almost nothing to do with the Halo Games or Books or Comics or Lore or Anything.

The writers for the TV series decided not to look at anything Halo and to not use anything from Halo other than the names of Characters and armor and ship designs. That's it. None of the characters bears any resemblence to the characters from the Games, Novels, Comics, or Lore except some light resemblance for Master Chief. But even then, their character is almost nothing alike.

Regards,
SB

So what you are tell me is that Halo has a multiverse now? SMH

Regards,
SB

Halsey TV is pretty similar to Halsey game

"logistics" and "budget?" Can you expand on this?
Chip implant in head instead of a flash drive in the visor. In the game his helmet is always on, so cortana actually exists in his helmet and he can always hear and see her because of that.
But because his helmet is almost never on, and they still need cortana to play the same role as she does in the video game, instead of a flash drive in his helmet, she's an implant chip buried in his head.
Also she's a full sized person as opposed to a miniature one, that part I assume is so that the 'shot' of a scene can still see cortana and make her out, as opposed to a tiny person the game focuses on.
Cortana is only given limited access over Chief because technically in the game she has no control over chief.

From what I understand nearly the entire show, the spartan armors and guns are all CGI? So taking him out of suit and helmet off also saves on budget.

From what I understand nearly the entire show, the spartan armors and guns are all CGI? So taking him out of suit and helmet off also saves on budget.

From what I saw, it's a mix. Sometimes it's cgi, sometimes real props.

The CGI scenes have very "fake" animation/physics. Like when the alien gun was sliding on the dirt.

Chip implant in head instead of a flash drive in the visor. In the game his helmet is always on, so cortana actually exists in his helmet and he can always hear and see her because of that.
Thanks, but I'm not sure how any of this impacts the cost production. All of the decisions the TV series producers made would seemingly increase costs relative to reproducing the game narrative and none were made to reduce the production budget. Perhaps I misunderstand.

Thanks, but I'm not sure how any of this impacts the cost production. All of the decisions the TV series producers made would seemingly increase costs relative to reproducing the game narrative and none were made to reduce the production budget. Perhaps I misunderstand.
sorry I meant that was logistics.
The budgeting portion - yea making it a character story and not a war story makes the budget cheaper. I think some audiences were expecting an emotionless spartan just run around and kill shit non-stop and calling that Halo. That just sounds both expensive and boring to watch.

sorry I meant that was logistics. The budgeting portion - yea making it a character story and not a war story makes the budget cheaper.

It's a too early (3 episodes in) to call that. The way the story is panning out leaves little doubt as to an inevitable conflict with the covenant, heightened by episode 3. I assume the actual "Halo" story line is going somewhere. I.e. conflict.

@dobwal If you're a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber you get a month of free of Paramount+ as a perk.

Loving the Halo show so far. Glad we finally got Cortana & some back story on John pre-Spartan.

Tommy McClain

Back