Halo 5: Guardians [XO]

The marketing certainly seems to point in a way where MC's loyalties become at least questionable. On the other hand, this could change the character a bit too much. He's always been the 'Man with no name' gy from the Clint Eastwood westerns in many ways - although one could say that this guy had mixed morals as well... Still, this could be a rather big turn for the franchise. MC can be a hero who's not understood, but anything less than a hero could be too much of a departure...

The marketing certainly seems to point in a way where MC's loyalties become at least questionable. On the other hand, this could change the character a bit too much. He's always been the 'Man with no name' gy from the Clint Eastwood westerns in many ways - although one could say that this guy had mixed morals as well... Still, this could be a rather big turn for the franchise. MC can be a hero who's not understood, but anything less than a hero could be too much of a departure...

In a reality where the top selling game of the last decade revolves around 3 a-holes, I think the gaming public will be fine as long as the game is fun.

LOL :)

Still, a lot of the Halo fandom is in it for the story and for the hero. Compromising MC might not be a good idea here...

In a reality where the top selling game of the last decade revolves around 3 a-holes, I think the gaming public will be fine as long as the game is fun.

Call of Duty franchise?

MC can be a hero who's not understood, but anything less than a hero could be too much of a departure...
*cue Linkin Park song motifs while MC is fighting*

Similarly, time to bring back Breaking Benjamin but for Locke's theme

Gotta go all the way with the allusions to Halo 2.

Last edited:
LOL :)

Still, a lot of the Halo fandom is in it for the story and for the hero. Compromising MC might not be a good idea here...

Exactly! Master Chief is an easy character to understand and doesn't really deviate too much from his standard operating procedure. Quoted from Halo 3:

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.

GTA 5. I referring to individual title not franchise as a whole. I could refer to the franchise as a whole but I am too lazy to count all the a-holes involved.

In the GTA series, everyone is an A-hole. So in terms of morality, there really isn't any invloved. That's the beauty of the series, in that all the characters are such shits that the player doesn't feel anything but fun and joy, when he's bombing down the street in his Infernus knocking down pedestrians.

I'd agree though with Halo, that it'd be nice to see a MC with a bit more depth. Either that or kill him off and replace him with Locke as the main protagonist for future mainline Halo games.:devilish:

hopefully 343i do something that breaks away from halo on last-gen. Have something that trully feels "This s a new Halo". Or at least at a minimum, make the play-area bigger/free-er. In Halo 4 is annoying. The forest area is actually a cramped corridors, etc. I think halo Reach is more "open" (or at least, feels more open).

^ I guess it depends on what they sacrifice again in the sake of GFX, or 1080p 60fps. Anyway, I think there is more than enough power in the box to make it more open than 4. Reach did have some nice spots that were much more open and at least gave you some different ways into a target zone. I wonder if the open world rumors we kept hearing were all just confusion with Halo online that is in Russia?

Anyone seen a Chief commercial yet on TV, I just keep catching the Locke spots. What ship is in the sky?

hopefully 343i do something that breaks away from halo on last-gen. Have something that trully feels "This s a new Halo". Or at least at a minimum, make the play-area bigger/free-er. In Halo 4 is annoying. The forest area is actually a cramped corridors, etc. I think halo Reach is more "open" (or at least, feels more open).

If Halo really wants to go big, f@#$ open world, bring on open universe...No Halo's Sky. LOL.

That was my first guess, but I was not on something to where I could pause and look.

Ok, just watching the Flash and an MC spot aired, paused to see that it is the Infinity or at least that class of ship. Smoking from a few spots with active fires. Have to rewatch the Locke ad now, I thought the ship looked much worse in that spot.

H5ad.png

Inf_Fire.png

Ship does appear to have more active fires in the Locke spot. My take is that Chief has some help, as the ship has less damage in the ad where Chief is in control. Different angles in the spots, but as it moves it does appear to be more pronounced in one vs the other.

Locke: "I swear there were at least 30 warships engaging Infinity!"

Chief: "Infinity was damaged when it decided to ram a couple stray asteroids while chasing after me."

That was my first guess, but I was not on something to where I could pause and look.

Ok, just watching the Flash and an MC spot aired, paused to see that it is the Infinity or at least that class of ship. Smoking from a few spots with active fires. Have to rewatch the Locke ad now, I thought the ship looked much worse in that spot.

H5ad.png

Inf_Fire.png

Ship does appear to have more active fires in the Locke spot. My take is that Chief has some help, as the ship has less damage in the ad where Chief is in control. Different angles in the spots, but as it moves it does appear to be more pronounced in one vs the other.

Its all actually the same scene just different time points. Chief deployed a decoy package that tricks Locke. Locke discovers the ruse and Chief shoots when Locke turns around. Its why Infinity is closer and the fires are more pronounced in the Locke shot. In the MC scene, Infinity has started to rise higher into the atmosphere and the fire are being extinguished.

Well if I were a conspiracist that would be my theory, but I am not, so I will wait for clarification when the game is released.

Back