Halo 5: Guardians [XO]

Love both ads. Now Cortana walks in as a hard light physical character and finds the Chief on the ground....wishful thinking.

Official release date: October 27th, 2015.

In.

whew.png
May I ask that are these two ads and previous E3 trailers (2013, 2014) real-time trailers? Or CGI trailers? Thanks!

So what's the deal with this Locke character?

Does he appear in any of the previous games prior to H5?

Haven't played a Halo game since Reach, however I watched all of Halo4 on Youtube but can't remember what happened outside of the Didact stuff.

IS this something you need a degree in the EU fluff to understand?

They started retconing Locke into the game via Terminal videos and via Halo Nightfall.
I watched Nightfall over the weekend in one sitting and it wasn't as bad as I feared - admittedly I had loooow expectations going in. Locke could be an interesting character and I wouldn't be surprised to see Halo 5 a story told from two sides (the Chief and Locke) ala Halo 2.

But the Halo universe is full of interesting characters so the retcon introduction does feel a bit weird.

IS this something you need a degree in the EU fluff to understand?
Arguably some of it was not interesting and therefore not really memorable. The quickest way to get up to speed on Halo is read the Wikipedia articles because they condense each game into a few paragraphs.

I'd recommend against watching YouTube videos of just cutscenes because plot points happen mid-mission via intercom chatter as well.

Arguably some of it was not interesting and therefore not really memorable. The quickest way to get up to speed on Halo is read the Wikipedia articles because they condense each game into a few paragraphs.

I'd recommend against watching YouTube videos of just cutscenes because plot points happen mid-mission via intercom chatter as well.

I actually watched the entire game through including gameplay... :mrgreen:

Yeah, it was a saturday and I was bored :p

my brain exploded.. what happened in those two trailer? now halo have alternate timeline?

its like life is strange and back to the future.

They started retconing Locke into the game via Terminal videos and via Halo Nightfall.
what do you mean by that? MS edit all previously released video?

my brain exploded.. what happened in those two trailer? now halo have alternate timeline?

its like life is strange and back to the future.

what do you mean by that? MS edit all previously released video?

There are now extended videos with new scenes where they have Locke involved in points of the story where he didnt even exist before. I don't recall real specifics but in one situation they added a minute or two with an entirely new scene to the beginning or end of previous videos.

Back