Halo 5: Guardians [XO]

They confirmed the missions are also bigger, you can read it in this article titled "Halo 5 has the the thirst for volume diluted the essence?"

http://www.vg247.com/2015/07/09/halo-5-has-the-thirst-for-volume-diluted-the-essence/

But it's just cool to find flaws and criticise i343 for crappy things that Bungie were doing already, isn't it?

Bungie would never create a decent Halo anymore, they are stuck in their formula of spectacular graphics, little imagination.

I think you have me confused with somebody else. I haven't been pessimistic or critical of 343 or Halo 5 at all. I'm just trying to keep your enthusiasm in check by using facts. You link an article from one guy's 25-minute demo of Halo 5. Bigger missions doesn't exactly equate with bigger maps. It may or may not. This all started when you tried to equate the 4-times map size of a Warzone map with the whole Halo 5 world. You said you would be very disappointed if that didn't turn out to be the case. Guess what? You've already set yourself up for disappointment.

Tommy McClain

I think you have me confused with somebody else. I haven't been pessimistic or critical of 343 or Halo 5 at all. I'm just trying to keep your enthusiasm in check by using facts. You link an article from one guy's 25-minute demo of Halo 5. Bigger missions doesn't exactly equate with bigger maps. It may or may not. This all started when you tried to equate the 4-times map size of a Warzone map with the whole Halo 5 world. You said you would be very disappointed if that didn't turn out to be the case. Guess what? You've already set yourself up for disappointment.

Tommy McClain
Actually, the message wasn't meant to be a direct response to a comment of yours at all, I was just stating a fact about the current state of affairs with anything i343 related. On disappointment, I wouldn't want the game to change its framerate and I quite enjoyed Halo 4. The knights and their cheap invisible-visible-invisible again-visible attack patterns weren't my favourite features about the game, but it wasn't a bad Halo game, imho.

All the Halo games had relatively big maps and I wouldn't be totally disappointed it that wasn't the case because I know it won't be -Warzone aside where maps are larger-. I guess Warzone maps have 4 times the size of the typical multiplayer Halo maps, if I understood it correctly.

That looks great. They are really hyping 60 fps, let's just hope it's stable at least in MP :p Will this be 30fps cutscenes and 60 fps gameplay? I don't see a reason to run 60 for cutscenes tbh.

"...if you don't have those quiet, little human stories it doesn't matter how many planets you blow up, nobody is gonna care."

A sci-fi hater, right there.

Didn't care much for the narrative, but the actual footage looked more promising with the larger spaces than the previous material. They ought to have released this pre-E3 like they did a couple for H4, and just done some sort of music video montage for the conference. No need for another linear demonstration. It'd be easy to get a grasp of Team Osiris's scanner thing with a few seconds. The walking, running, and clambering is kind of a given. The healing interaction was pretty much all seen in this video as well as the Warden.

The footage also looks taken from all sorts of builds. Probably should have had more time stamps to be more transparent about WIP. A number of things look pretty bad and obvious (aside from the non-textured tests) - lighting seemed all over the place, bad textures etc., but at least it'd give a better idea of when they captured the material to stifle some of the complaints.

Anyways.

----

-Hidden areas could be great.
-Locke still sounds too robotic/forced. Fillion's a natural.

I just hope they are no longer a "30 seconds of fun" hater.
The next step is for the player to press a gamepad button to get Chief to press a button to get a Forerunner crane to press a bigger button that activates a beacon that activates a nearby outpost that activates a portal that signals the ark to create another very dangerous hula hoop.

Call me cynical or whatever, but that vidoc does not look like Halo to me at all. The armour and environment design , the colours, the art direction is so so damn different now that it could be some other game all together. Even the Master Chief silhouette is so changed that its hardly recognisable. IMO, they went too far already.

Don't feel excited. I am not angry or anything but I feel a gem is lost. I used to wait with baited breath for all HALO Vidocs and ads as they were all so amazing. This ......not at all. They are changing things for the sake of changing things. Its as if they want to make sure they leave their mark on the HALO franchise. They seem to believe they are bigger than HALO in this HALO project. Its not about HALO, its about our HALO and Bungie's HALO.

or maybe I am just crazy.

"...if you don't have those quiet, little human stories it doesn't matter how many planets you blow up, nobody is gonna care."

i object your honor, i object...

Destiny did not have those. Its filled with shooting aliens on the head, blow up big boss, go to point A B C. Lots of people care.
Heck, the best part of Destiny is the Raid and its devoid of those little human stories.

i hope this does not means Halo 5 will be "forcing" even more "cinematic" elements into gameplay than Halo 4....
Halo Reach is the best balance, i think. Halo 4 is already too much, worse offender on the boss battle/cinematic.

Call me cynical or whatever, but that vidoc does not look like Halo to me at all. The armour and environment design , the colours, the art direction is so so damn different now that it could be some other game all together. Even the Master Chief silhouette is so changed that its hardly recognisable. IMO, they went too far already.

Don't feel excited. I am not angry or anything but I feel a gem is lost. I used to wait with baited breath for all HALO Vidocs and ads as they were all so amazing. This ......not at all. They are changing things for the sake of changing things. Its as if they want to make sure they leave their mark on the HALO franchise. They seem to believe they are bigger than HALO in this HALO project. Its not about HALO, its about our HALO and Bungie's HALO.

or maybe I am just crazy.

I agree, i too feel like the "magic" is lost. It looks good but it doesn't look spectacular, i think Bungie did great with Halo and it's hard to see 343i topping what they did honestly. A major loss for me is Martin O'Donnell, because of him i still remember this reveal like it was yesterday...

Better quality of the same trailer

How can you top that. It's an incredibly hard task what 343i got on their hands right now.

i object your honor, i object...

Destiny did not have those. Its filled with shooting aliens on the head, blow up big boss, go to point A B C. Lots of people care.
Heck, the best part of Destiny is the Raid and its devoid of those little human stories.
That's because Destiny sucks.

Destiny's "30 seconds of fun" game play doesn't suck. It's true that Destiny's story sucks ass in a major way, but the game play is really pretty good. Enough so that no one cares about the ass sucking story.
Yup, so good that however much we may hate the pricing model of the dlc and the lack of creativity in some areas, we are still playing it and having ton of fun ! and I am sure the Taken King will only make us more tied to it, not less.
The basic shooting gameplay is the best in Destiny.

Back