Halo 4

This very video talks about how they want to move more of their storytelling into the game instead of expanded universe merchandising stuff. I personally never really found the few licensed books I read to be as well done as the games themselves so I usually don't bother with them much.

That would be nice because I never realized how large and inter weaved the Halo mythos is. Precursors, Forerunners, Human-Forerunner wars, Forerunner-Flood wars, civilization technology tiers, etc.

Scans are out! Can't post it here though:cool:

Character models are definitely more detailed from what I've seen so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't for the official internet media. The
elites
are looking pretty darn sick from where I'm sitting.

No Firefight. :( Ah well. The campaign mission selector had better have better bookmarking for the fights then. :p

Al's gonna love it :p

Well, I quite like how her face looks on the cover art and in the magazine article itself. I mean, it's different from previous iterations, but I like it.

What, no FF? Booooh! They better have awesome set pieces and, as you note, an easy way to get there with 3 buds.

Shame i just saw the details about mp too much cod in my halo.
But the screenies look delicious.

Edit:Saw all the pages with a okay quality scanner looks awesome.
And grunts are also back. Love the more mature enemy designs

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize for my previous comment...

Graphically it looks amazing. Bigger question is the gameplay changes. Some hardcore fans are writing it off early... WTF?

Well I for one am really impressed with the direction of the sp. The changes to the art is really nice as is the massive improvement to the tech and graphics. From the lighting to the 720p to the inclusion of FXAA, all very impressive. And from the concept arts we have seen, both old and new, it seems as though we are in for some really open scale, impressive and interesting locations.

PS. I can see Ken Scott's influence in the new look of the Convenant, Laa Yosh must be happy.

Hope we get some untouched screenshots next week.
Im really interested in what they are doing for multiplayer GI scans made it sound more like Cod and less Halo 3.

From the scans, it does show a pretty big leap over Reach in terms of graphics. I can imagine the flying Squid part would be a beautiful sight.

Back