Halo 4

Can't tell much from the ViDocs. Do you know any other vids? What MP footage I did see was pretty poor.

Can't tell much from the ViDocs. Do you know any other vids? What MP footage I did see was pretty poor.

Other than the vidocs, I only know of the footage used by the press for the media blowout from a few days ago.

Here's a video that has much of the footage used by the press, but I only have youtube access at work. Not sure if you can download this at the press site or if it's streamed on Waypoint and the quality there is good enough for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGNCH6y8OmM

Looks... better than Halo 3 on the filtering, but that's probably not saying much. :p (MIP selection could simply just be better due to slightly higher res)

I don't know why I'm still surprised by people on the internet, Halo topics always bring the worst in people.

Some people on some other forums are constantly raving about "bullshots" which surprises me, because we all know every company besides R* and Nintendo releases "bullshots" for promotional purposes. Actually, 343i didn't even do a "good" job with bullshiting. Just downsampling them from higher resolution, they need to take a look at masters at work *cough* Ubi *cough*

Metal Gear Solid series does exist. "lol".

Huh? I didn't mean to step on your toes man. I just thought that Johnson's plotline was poorly handled.

In general I think Bungie really screwed up the plot with H2 and H3. Bad. They even retconned the piece of fiction which really GOT me into Halo (ironically, at the time, I wasn't aware that the book I was reading was 'prequel' to a game..) which was Fall of Reach.

They really struck a nerve with me when\how Johnson died, and their treatment of the novel in Reach.

Halo 2 had a very good and captivating story IMHO, I really liked the depth it gave to the Covenant and their faith; the character of the Arbiter was pretty cool too. I was sorry to see him sidelined in Halo 3, but hopefully 343i will bring him back sooner or later.

As for Reach, I kinda think the plot of the novel isn't that good so it wasn't a big loss to replace it with the new story. At least the planet wasn't lost within a single day...

Halo 2 had a very good and captivating story IMHO, I really liked the depth it gave to the Covenant and their faith; the character of the Arbiter was pretty cool too. I was sorry to see him sidelined in Halo 3, but hopefully 343i will bring him back sooner or later.

I just hope Keith David doesn't retire before that. :)

mm.. Chief clones for co-op.

Don't care for the storm rifle, ghost and banshee weapon sounds (Fuel Rod Cannon is fine).

mm.. Chief clones for co-op.

Don't care for the storm rifle, ghost and banshee weapon sounds (Fuel Rod Cannon is fine).

For mp, the storm rifle is going to be more useful than the AR will be.If your interested in mp, checkout a map called Solace where its similar to Lockout in the sense of it having two opposing forts on both sides.Along with it being a 3 tier map as well.How many of you guy's will play mp first at the midnight launch?

Looks... better than Halo 3 on the filtering, but that's probably not saying much. :p (MIP selection could simply just be better due to slightly higher res)

So it is as bad as I thought, well shit. All the more reason we need next gen to get here already.

Huh? I didn't mean to step on your toes man. I just thought that Johnson's plotline was poorly handled.

In general I think Bungie really screwed up the plot with H2 and H3. Bad. They even retconned the piece of fiction which really GOT me into Halo (ironically, at the time, I wasn't aware that the book I was reading was 'prequel' to a game..) which was Fall of Reach.

They really struck a nerve with me when\how Johnson died, and their treatment of the novel in Reach.

Out of curiosity, what piece of fiction was that?

Anyone read the Eurogamer article with Frankie? The game is coming on 2 discs. Between both discs, and the mandatory 8GB download for MP, I wonder how large the data footprint is.

That's a really great screenshot.

It would be good if they use that obligatory 8GB installation for multiplayer, and improve some of the single player textures and loading time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like every site gets exclusively one "facial" screenshot.
infinity_delriobridges_04-w.jpg

08-22-12_infinity-01-w.jpg

Back