Half-Life 3

gabenubq2d.gif

No secret HL3 announcement snuck into Gamescom through the back door, I presume?

Guess we'll have to wait another 5 years for this one...

I hope the loading times are better than Portal 2's if that's the case. I swear, if it weren't Valve who was behind Portal 2, PC gamers would scream "console port" all over the place

Those images clearly are not realtime generated - the middle in particular is an obvious composite of photographic elements (the icy ground and fireball) and CG elements (heli, smoke, and background objects.)

These pics ae quite old by now, it's been weeks or maybe even months since I first saw them.

I hope the loading times are better than Portal 2's if that's the case. I swear, if it weren't Valve who was behind Portal 2, PC gamers would scream "console port" all over the place

Hell, don't blame console port cause even consolers were giving Valve hell for their completely shitty eternally loading levels setup.

Is it time?

One can only hope so.

Where did you find the second image, the one with rendered elevator buttons? The texts in that one doesn't seem to match the ones in the PCGamer. For example the number 6's text is completely different.

Hehe notice how the HL3 rumours seem to take a respin in June?

FWIW, Valve stated that the Steam Trading Cards beta would end today at 19.p.m. (Greenwhich), and they would be introduced as final during "an event we think everyone can be excited about..".

Everyone thinks this event is the start of the Summer Sales, as it would be during the same time window as previous years.. And truth be told, no one really expects anything about HL3 anymore..

If it really is the unveil of Half Life 3, it'll be the best kept secret ever.

Apparently, those who have HL2 installed are getting a 3.7GB update.
When they restart Steam, all voices are in Korean.

:D

One can only hope so.

Where did you find the second image, the one with rendered elevator buttons? The texts in that one doesn't seem to match the ones in the PCGamer. For example the number 6's text is completely different.

From MuroBBS with no mention of original source

Back