Half-Life 3

If I remember correctly, Valve anounces their games just a few months before release.
That is, of course, before the inevitable delay!!! ;)

Valve Time! :D

i wonder how much iteration of HF3 they have haha. I think it already account for whole game.

But I also have to agree that they just can't keep on not doing anything about Half-Life for much too long. There's an entire generation of gamers now who probably hasn't played those games and getting them interested could be pretty hard...
I'm not that old (27) but I would go cuckoo for HL3 if it ever materialized. I think it will massively succeed even if they don't announce it for another half decade.

You've been like 16-17 when HL2 was released, that's the golden years of gaming ;) I'm talking about the 15-20 crowd who probably haven't played it at its release...

Ah yes. Still I bet the younger crowd will buy into the franchise. Especially if the game is as great as its predecessors. I mean it's not like Diablo 3 had any trouble becoming one of the top selling games of all time, and it sucked donkey balls at release (is pretty great now though :))

http://podcast.gameslice.com/1-gabe-newell-and-erik-johnson-from-valve

Fast-forward to a little after 38min where Gabe Newell is asked if Valve will only release F2P games like DOTA and Team Fortress, from now on.
Gabe starts talking about how they'll probably never launch an "old-school" game based on their existing IP (e.g. launching HL3 as just another shooter like many others at the same time).
He explains how they'll carefully use their IPs to launch alongside new technologies and new services.
He gave the example DOTA2 as the game that launched their infrastructure for a community-based, online game as a service.

Right now, Valve has two technologies in the imminence of being released:
- Valve's VR goggles
- Source 2

There's also SteamOS, but I don't know what that could enable for a game.

There's also this little incident from HTC's chairwoman during MWC:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31713715

BBC: But how about Half-life - is that going to be on there?
Cher Wang: We are co-operating with Half-life, and I think... I hope, you know, it will be on it.

In the next day, she backpedaled as fast as Gabe counts money, through a formal communication.
I guess she was completely oblivious to the shitstorm she created with that sentence.

HL3 + VR CONFIRMED

fnwbpBO.jpg

Vive have triangular logo

But it's rift that have triangular headband just like vive logo (vive have oval headband like oculus logo)

Triangular = 3

Rift / Vive have other half of each other (the headband) = half

HALF 3 CONFURMED!,.,

Back