Entirely Suboptimal
Legend
Supporter
LEVITATION is a community campaign featuring:
  • New story (3-4 hours in length)
  • New voicelines
  • New character animations
  • Eight challenging levels
LEVITATION begins right after Half-Life: Alyx.

Alyx returns to City-17 after meeting the G-MAN, and teams up with Russell once again.

During her absence, a mysterious levitating building appeared in the Sector X region of City-17. Two key members of the resistance named Barry and Maya decided to infiltrate and investigate Sector X -- until their signal went quiet...

Now, Alyx must save her friends, and possibly the whole resistance.

Last edited:
I played nearly to the end of this but might be stuck now. Their endgame uses the energy orb grabbing gameplay from the original game and they have blade drones continuously coming at you as you try to grab and use the orbs. It is extremely difficult because you are primarily fighting how glitchy it is to grab and use the orbs. It's also frantic and kicks up the nausea as you try to spin around and keep track of the drones and repeatedly try to grab each orb. Give that 10 tries on story difficulty but made no progress.

Overall, the mod is really high quality but it is also essentially a take by take rehash of how Alyx played. Similar locations, the same weapons, same enemies, tools, puzzles, Jeff, dark subways, dilapidated eastern euro multi-floor buildings, etc. There are some parts that get you outside and allow a bit of exploration and less confined play. Alyx needed more of that. After playing the Half Life 2 VR mod that came out on Steam, I wonder why Alyx didn't do something more along those lines with large outdoor segments.

Last edited:
Halflife 2 is being remade using source 2 and some HLA assets. Only just got the other VR version but this looks promising aswell.

edit: thought this was a half life alyx mod thread but I think that's wrong so this post is probably in the wrong thread.

Back