GTA V on PC

The iFruit app has now been updated to support the PC version.

Interesting it's even available in the Windows store for Windows (so usable on Windows Tablets). Good news if I ever decide to get this game. Is it essential to playing GTA 5?

Regards,
SB

Interesting it's even available in the Windows store for Windows (so usable on Windows Tablets). Good news if I ever decide to get this game. Is it essential to playing GTA 5?

Regards,
SB
Far from it. Basically you can train your dog and you can customize your vehicles, that's it. The separate GTA V manual app is more useful.

Far from it. Basically you can train your dog and you can customize your vehicles, that's it. The separate GTA V manual app is more useful.

Ah, cool. I may pick this up whenever it hits 75% off in a Steam sale, just for the graphics. Which means probably not until next year at the earliest.

Regards,
SB

It's really impressive.

The game runs damn smooth (steady frame pacing) on my 780Ti with everything but the textures, distant scaling and MSAA maxed out. Only the 3GB video memory limit keeps me getting the rest of the eye candy on. Looks like 2xMSAA + FXAA is the best balance between AA quality and performance.

It's really impressive.

The game runs damn smooth (steady frame pacing) on my 780Ti with everything but the textures, distant scaling and MSAA maxed out. Only the 3GB video memory limit keeps me getting the rest of the eye candy on. Looks like 2xMSAA + FXAA is the best balance between AA quality and performance.

Yeah I'm at 2xMSAA + FXAA as well to keep the frame rate high enough but with 6GB in my 780 everything else is ultra'd out to the max.

Looks just terrific but I was even more in awe when I first played it on 360. Almost all of it is present on that platform which is still amazing to me.

I went a bit nuts this weekend, un-checked the option box for "Warn me when I'm over the limit on GPU resources" and then hit the max setting / slider for everything in the list, even under Advanced Graphics options. And then the game bombed :D

By turning off MSAA/FXAA and leaving PostFX set to "normal", and then everything else at the highest setting, the game is actually VERY playable. It's not 60FPS, but certainly over 30. Of course, the aliasing is painful without AA :( Still, I'm flabbergasted at how much graphical goodness you can cram into a last-gen video card on this game.

I run the game at all maximum settings with 4xMSAA, TXAA at 1080p. It isn't locked at 60fps all the time but the slowdowns are infrequent and not too distracting.

Yeah I'm at 2xMSAA + FXAA as well to keep the frame rate high enough but with 6GB in my 780 everything else is ultra'd out to the max.

Looks just terrific but I was even more in awe when I first played it on 360. Almost all of it is present on that platform which is still amazing to me.
You mean the Xbox One version? I agree it looks pretty good considering the incredibly weak hardware it runs on (though the framerate is not so good). The Xbox 360 version looks completely different.

I run the game at all maximum settings with 4xMSAA, TXAA at 1080p. It isn't locked at 60fps all the time but the slowdowns are infrequent and not too distracting.
Yeah, I'm convinced that if I had another 1GB of framebuffer, I could squeeze some FXAA + MSAA in there with it.

I found it dropping too much at 4xmsaa with v sync full so I'm running fxaa, 2xmsaa, txaa @1080p. with 4xmsaa it's just gorgeous but I prefer the 60fps for powering through traffic on a motorbike at ludicrous speed.

I turned vsync to Adaptive in the NVCP but from what I can tell it just turns vsync completely off in this game. Tearing isn't very bad usually except in some cutscenes. I'm still tweaking, will probably settle on 2xMSAA at some point.

Also this game doesn't seem to care about the 3.5+.5GB setup on the GTX970. The menu shows I'm using almost 4GB VRAM and nothing weird has happened thus far.

Well, i have let it at 2x MSAA + FXAA, and set nearly everything maxed ( i just stay around 2.9GB ) memory at 2560x1440. this way, it stay at good level of performance, i can play it easely with 1x 7970 or 2x 7970 ( 1100mhz ) without really see much difference ( outside if i specifically look at the fps ).

Not sure if my CPU + high bandwith memory make any difference over an I7 quadcore. Will try check how cores are used.

Is anyone having any luck playing online? A mate and I (in the UK FWIW) have been having nothing but lag... Bloody sucks, it has so much potential.

SP is great though.

I haven't played online since the first day I installed it. Been going through the single player, so much fun.

You mean the Xbox One version? I agree it looks pretty good considering the incredibly weak hardware it runs on (though the framerate is not so good). The Xbox 360 version looks completely different.

Not as much as you might think. They've added more traffic, better lighting and higher res textures but the core of the game is exactly the same on the 360. The sunsets, the water, the haze, I thought it was gorgeous back in 2013. It's just even better now.

Back