GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

Not the review. The review is very well written and detailed. Carolyn is an excellent writer. The comments are what's sad (at least I hope he's referring to the comments). Actually, calling the reactions sad is really putting it lightly.

Ok I see now, just got caught up to all the hubbub.

All I have to say about that is it's not surprising. Had it happen with U2, had it happen with TLoU, and of course it would with GTA5. Crazy reactions to slightly lower review scores I mean. I guess it's a good thing I usually can't read the comments on these sites anyways because of noscript.

Yeah, the comments are what I'm talking about. An overwhelmingly positive review, with a very good score given, and the cretinous hoard arrive because it didn't get 10/10. Not surprising as you say but, ya know, it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised now and again. The nature of a lot of the comments against the reviewer are particularly obnoxious in this case as well.

Yeah, the comments are what I'm talking about. An overwhelmingly positive review, with a very good score given, and the cretinous hoard arrive because it didn't get 10/10. Not surprising as you say but, ya know, it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised now and again. The nature of a lot of the comments against the reviewer are particularly obnoxious in this case as well.

Some of the comments were pretty disgusting tbh, there are some proper cretins out there.

Oh, PC version is coming. That is for sure. They'll milk out as many versions as they can. The problem is the wait.

If there's a next gen version too then the PC will likely get the graphical upgrades of that version, plus the requisite 60fps and 1080p with lots of AA/AF. I can only imagine how incredible it would look. Really hope it supports 3d properly though, that would be completely out of this world.

Night seems to be a bit better graphically. I am trying hard to like the game (btw 50 Euros at Mediamarkt) but so far it did not click...but at least I already played it longer than I played GTA IV.

Intro was superb...now it is just same old same old it seems...

Night time thunderstorm in countryside looks absolutley stunning [thunders that illuminate layers if clouds/fog/rain, and cast really awesome light on hills in the distance]. Im really surprised how good visuals they managed to extract from PS3.

Can anyone confirm if the US PsN lets you download now or not ?
From what I'm hearing, the download doesn't start until midnight.

Does anyone have any info on the day/night cycle? One of the things that bugs me about open world games with day/night is that you spend half the time playing in the dark and unable to really see anything. There was one game that did it better by only having about 6-7 "hours" of darkness during the night, but for the life of me I can't remember what game it was. Just Cause 2 maybe?

Most of the videos I've seen have been consistently in the day.. I've seen little to no nighttime footage outside of promotional stuff or missions that probably take place exclusively at night.

Ok the download has started from the US store, had to find the game in the store, wasn't showing up correctly.

But

It is telling me it will take 30 hours to download :oops: ! I have a 4mbps connection and it doesn't match up any way I look at it !!! My Last of Us 26 gb never showed me such an atrocious time figure !!!

Guess what, friends recommended proxy server. Now my download is on pC and it says it will be done in 12 hours ! So, why won't it download on the ps3 at full speed ? :???: Its the same download coming from the same servers !

Night seems to be a bit better graphically. I am trying hard to like the game (btw 50 Euros at Mediamarkt) but so far it did not click...but at least I already played it longer than I played GTA IV.

Intro was superb...now it is just same old same old it seems...

Hmm. Does it have the same old GTA problem where you can start a mission, get deep into it, die, and then have to start it all over and redo a whole bunch of stuff? That drove me nuts with previous GTA games.

Hmm. Does it have the same old GTA problem where you can start a mission, get deep into it, die, and then have to start it all over and redo a whole bunch of stuff? That drove me nuts with previous GTA games.

One video review mentioned that it's no longer the case :)

That was fixed in Episodes from Liberty city DLCs. THey had checkpoints within missions. A life saver.

I played it for a couple of hours yesterday (PSN version) and I'm kinda blown away by just how good this game looks. Heck, it also runs pretty damn good.

I played it for a couple of hours yesterday (PSN version) and I'm kinda blown away by just how good this game looks. Heck, it also runs pretty damn good.

Hm, I really can't understand such comments. It is hard for me to play this game...it is super fugly imo. IQ kills it all...

Some of the comments were pretty disgusting tbh, there are some proper cretins out there.

Methinks this is the Gamespot policy - to create controversy through unfair punishing reviews for very good games, to get more clicks.

There was a moron who gave The Last of Us an 8, and now there is this wench who is giving this masterpiece of a game a 9 because "it's misogynistic and too violent". Really?

Not giving this game a 10 is either lying (being disingenuous) or having a hidden agenda. Otherwise you should not be allowed to review a game in a genre that you dont really like.

Hm, I really can't understand such comments. It is hard for me to play this game...it is super fugly imo. IQ kills it all...

IQ-wise it doesn't really look worse to me than something like, let's say, The Last of Us during scenes in bright daylight. It's not perfect by any means, but it's probably as good as it gets. Besides, there's so much more to it. The place just feels so tangible, alive and lived-in. It's almost unfair, but In terms of execution, Los Santos is going to cast a very long and ominous shadow over the next generation. I'm sure the citites of Infamous, Watchdogs and AC Blackflag are going to destroy Los Santos in terms of that sexy and slick CGI look, but they're most likely not going to look anywhere near as believable regardless. The last thing I did before going to bed yesterday was taking a cab just so I could fully concentrate on taking in the scenery. The attention to detail and sheer variety in that game is just insane.

I was also humping a dog from behind with another dog in first person. Quite surreal.:oops:

Grand Theft Auto V will net $1 billion in sales during its first month, outpacing 2008's Grand Theft Auto IV, according to Robert W. Baird analyst Colin Sebastian.

Methinks this is the Gamespot policy - to create controversy through unfair punishing reviews for very good games, to get more clicks.

There was a moron who gave The Last of Us an 8, and now there is this wench who is giving this masterpiece of a game a 9 because "it's misogynistic and too violent". Really?

Not giving this game a 10 is either lying (being disingenuous) or having a hidden agenda. Otherwise you should not be allowed to review a game in a genre that you dont really like.

A developer/designer is free to create as misogynistic of a story as they want, just as a reviewer is free to critique or down rate a game for its misogynistic story as much as they want. It's not a developers job to further the industry in regards to social issues nor is it a reviewer or consumers job to support them for not doing so. Everyone has a choice.

EDIT

It just occurred to me that you were just simply being hyperbolic. In which case, ignore me. :D

Back