GART: Games and Applications using RayTracing

Status
Not open for further replies.

And, of course, thanks to Nvidia’s RTX Raytracing technology, you’ll be able to see that light reflected from surface to surface. In order to enable Ray-Traced Global Illumination, you will need compatible hardware.

This was in 2018,and 2019 after the launch of Turing, and the introduction of DXR.

The plannar reflections were there in the very first release of the first game. I remember them on the mirrors of the dressing room of the fashion show level. They were hell of limited and had all the quality trade-offs you mentioned, but were more sophisticaded than the alternative any other game would have hapily settled with at the time (static pre-baked cubemaps, with some box projection aproximating the room shape and some glitchy short-range SSR if you are lucky)

It's just that the plannar reflections got more refined in the second game, and DF pointed them out that then people started noticing.

Marvel at the beautiful world of Justice enhanced with a new path-traced upgrade with the launch of Fuyun Court, a new location that all players can access from October 12th when the next Justice game update is released.

So when will this MMO be available in the west? Technically it's super interesting as it uses mesh shading and of course all the good lighting stuff from Nvidia.

It's supposed to release this year, but it never got a release date.
The only blurb I saw was a Q4 2022 release for regions outside China but have not heard much since.

October 4, 2022
How did the path tracer affect your lighting production during the Justice development process?

The path tracing technology provides a way to create realistic illumination systems, especially suitable for producing natural and delicate indirect illuminations. Therefore, we do not need to spend time manually adjusting lights in scenes. Instead, we only need to add the corresponding lights for emissive objects such as lanterns and leave the rest to the path tracer to complete the calculation.

What challenges were you looking to solve with the path tracer?

In the past, rasterized rendering of direct illumination, indirect illumination, reflection, and shadow were done with separated passes, which could not ensure accuracy. Path tracing unifies the computation of light transport, simplifies the whole rendering pipeline, and makes the final results immediately visible, allowing artists more control for content creation.

FeeW4gXXkAkjWGT

Im sure the steam forums will take the news that a radeon 6800XT is asked for 1080p/60 well

FeeW4gXXkAkjWGT

Im sure the steam forums will take the news that a radeon 6800XT is asked for 1080p/60 well
This is exactly how I expected it to behave.

As this is a next gen title, RT is now integrated into the settings and is not treated as a seperate entity anymore. This is probably why its so demanding at ultra.

My guess is: Reflections at high turn RT on with lower resolution, roughness cutoff and single bounce. Reflections at ultra gives you higher quality RT reflections compared to high. Medium uses SSR. Same with lighting (RTGI), shadows and AO (if its using all RT effects)

This makes much more sense than keeping RT seperate, as RT contributes way more to the image than higher raster settings could ever do. Medium in Requiem would be akin to Ultra settings without RT in current games. This is also why it scales well down to lower end hardware.

I'm sure @Dictator will analyse this title thoroughly.

DLSS is finally going to be necessary here lol
shit can't believe i paid 3080TI prices for a 3070. fuckkk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back