GART: Games and Applications using RayTracing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it supports DLSS3 so I'm betting a 4090 will chew through this at 4k 120fps with that enabled in quality mode.
That brings up an interesting thought I'm not sure has been covered yet. If a game says it supports DLSS3, is there a rule that is means it must include the frame insertion tech? Or is everything "DLSS3" now but might just include DLSS2 reconstruction AA?

That brings up an interesting thought I'm not sure has been covered yet. If a game says it supports DLSS3, is there a rule that is means it must include the frame insertion tech? Or is everything "DLSS3" now but might just include DLSS2 reconstruction AA?

I'm pretty sure DLSS3 is defined as DLSS2 + Frame Insertion + Reflex. I imagine Nvidia would be extremely unimpressed if devs started claiming their game supports DLSS3 when it only supports DLSS2.

From what I understand; DLSS 2 is the first phase containing upscale and AA. DLSS3 is just one added phase of the insertion frame following. So if you support DLSS3 by default you should support 2.

Since DLSS3 is literally DLSS2.x + Reflex +, Frame Generation, yes. If it was just DLSS2.x + Reflex they would probably advertise it as such to maximize audience

3DMark Speed Way is a new GPU benchmark that showcases the graphics technology that will power the next generation of gaming experiences.
Developed with input from AMD, Intel, NVIDIA, and other leading technology companies, Speed Way is an ideal benchmark for comparing the DirectX 12 Ultimate performance of the latest graphics cards.
DirectX 12 Ultimate is the next generation for gaming graphics. It adds powerful new capabilities to DirectX 12, helping game developers improve visual quality, boost frame rates, reduce loading times, and create vast, detailed worlds.
3DMark Speed Way’s engine is assembled to demonstrate what the latest DirectX API brings to ray traced gaming, using DirectX Raytracing tier 1.1 for real-time global illumination and real-time raytraced reflections, coupled with new performance optimizations like Mesh Shaders.

So I've been playing Warhammer 40K Darktide beta and it's pretty interesting, especially from a technical standpoint.

It seems to be using RTXGI on all settings (even with RT off). However, there are two modes: dynamic and static each with a low and high scaling setting respectively. I assume RTXGI has a regular mode with baked lightmaps that does not require DXR hardware and a dynamic mode with DXR.

However, dynamic mode even on low absolutely destroys performance currently, even on higher end cards. It went from 90 fps to 20 fps as soon as I enabled the dynamic mode with a low GPU and CPU utilization, so based on my previous experiences with RTXGI in DXR mode and just how fast it is, this surely must be a bug.

That's hilarious. I love these oddly inappropriate feeling "just smash the settings high as they can go" games, that Lego one as well.

Wonder what it'll look like.

RE4 Remake will support ray tracing.

Hoping it's Raytraced shadows and AO. The GI is baked, no need for RT GI when the artists intended effects are already there. And RE4 isn't exactly a showcase for reflections.

Control 2 is announced, will be using the Northlight engine, for PC and current gen consoles only. Expect a good ray tracing integration based on the engine.

Remedy is also developing a remake for Max Payne 1 and Max Payne 2 based on the same engine, coming for PC and current gen consoles only.

Alan Wake 2 is also in development based on the same engine, again for PC and current gen consoles only.

4 games in total using the Northlight engine, all exclusively coming for ray traced capable hardware (PC, PS5, XSX), ray tracing is expected to be heavily featured in all of them.

Control 2 is announced, will be using the Northlight engine, for PC and current gen consoles only. Expect a good ray tracing integration based on the engine.

Remedy is also developing a remake for Max Payne 1 and Max Payne 2 based on the same engine, coming for PC and current gen consoles only.

Alan Wake 2 is also in development based on the same engine, again for PC and current gen consoles only.

4 games in total using the Northlight engine, all exclusively coming for ray traced capable hardware (PC, PS5, XSX), ray tracing is expected to be heavily featured in all of them.
That is great news. I expect heavy use of Raytracing and the whole DX12 Ultimate featureset. I hope RT will be mandatory similar to Metro Exodus EE (with a software fallback for old GPUs obviously)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back