Gamersyde & B3D XBL Party

I played for the first time in months Saturday. I'm starting to get into it again. Man do I suck now. :yes:

Joining the us all, Homer? :)

I'm hoping to get some game time in on Friday if anyone is interested. Should be on around 8-ish CST.

hm... Rob and I also play RB2 from time to time... ;) I don't have my drumkit yet, but just throwing that bit of info in here. ;) :yes:

hm... Rob and I also play RB2 from time to time... ;) I don't have my drumkit yet, but just throwing that bit of info in here. ;) :yes:

I've never played it online, but I'm willing to try. I don't sing though.

I have the drumkit, but suck at it.

Sure :cool:.

I've got a problem though; when multiple Xboxes get online in our apartment (which happens often) the NAT switches from Open to Moderate and it's hard to find matches. Sometimes it won't even let me party up with folks outside the apartment. Just upgraded to the latest version of Tomato, maybe that'll help.

O well nobody's here now so I'm getting on. :p

And now I'm reminded why I don't play without friends: random teammates FTL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speaking of, I somehow managed to get 90% of GGAHT on Hard guitar last night. Shocked the hell out of me. Probably my best RB accomplishment to date. However Battery is another story. I can't slow between the fast and slow parts :(

For topic sake, I'll be on this friday for some Halo :)

Speaking of, I somehow managed to get 90% of GGAHT on Hard guitar last night. Shocked the hell out of me. Probably my best RB accomplishment to date. However Battery is another story. I can't slow between the fast and slow parts :(

Awesome :D Such a fun song! I just can't figure out Battery on lead guitar, even on hard. Bass is significantly easier (on Hard, not Expert), although I suppose I played that chart more due to the Impossible Bass challenge, unlocking a particular costume for a few characters of mine. :p

I'm so sad. I've only beaten the warm-up songs on hard.

I may get some SFIV on tonight if I get my homework done in a reasonable time frame.

I play a lot :oops:

No SFIV for me... yet... maybe some Gears tonight - I've been going after a couple achievements (meatshield & play 10 rounds on each of the flashback maps).

Those are the remakes, which I'm sure you've got since we played Mansion; Epic added some achievements for those along with others that dealt with the Combustible map pack. :p I've no idea how the new maps are though. :oops:

I will try to be there. Some of you need to talk some smack to the Gamersyde folks to get them on ;)

Btw, anyone up for maybe testing a Rally Flag custom game (quasi BF rules)?

I will be on after 7pm PST. Bring friends people :)

I wish I had finished a Forge map but I got hung up on writing a Bungie.net request for a future modificaton of Flag Rally. Posting, my favorite game :(

Ms looking for more Halo team members

by Erik Brudvig
March 3, 2009 - Microsoft has posted a job opening for a lead designer on a new Xbox 360 title. That wouldn't normally be newsworthy, but the job details list this one as a Halo project. Microsoft has confirmed to us that this hire will work on the internal Halo team that was created last year to work on new Halo projects and support existing ones. This person will join a team of industry veterans, including people who have worked at id Software, Gearbox, Bungie, and Kojima Productions. ,,,cont'd

more Halo Mp news

amazing achievement

One BILLION Served

Quote:
And Counting

Saturday night, while many of us were stuffing food into our faces, plenty of folks were still playing Halo 3. At precisely 6:36pm PST, in a three minute and nineteen second game of Infection on Foundry, four players participated in Halo 3's one billionth match.

One Billion. It's a giant number, one that's difficult to understand without the proper context. Our first thought was to put it into perspective by comparing Halo 3's total games played with its predecessor, Halo 2, a title that we are still super proud of, and one that's topped the original Xbox LIVE Leaderboards since its launch through to present day - over four years of online gaming.

But there's a problem with that comparison. Halo 2 has yet to achieve one billion games played. As of right now, it's sitting pretty at 798 million total matches played. Surprised? We were.

Still, we wanted to find ways to help you (and us) better comprehend just what one billion games means in the grand scheme of things.

If each game of Halo 3 lasted only three minutes and nineteen seconds, mirroring the Infection game outlined above, the total amount of time played would eclipse sixty-three centuries. For those looking for more granularity, that's roughly 630 decades, 6,300 years, or 2,300,000 days.

But admittedly, that's working from a pretty rough estimate. No worries, we keep tabs on this sort of stuff. We recruited our database guru, RocketMoose, to provide us with some more accurate numbers. The data point he supplies below is a sum total of all player time spent in matchmaking. If ten players completed a ten minute match, the database would log 100 minutes of total playtime. This figure also does not include data from Custom or Offline matches.

Total Matchmaking Playtime: 2,023,153,340,764 seconds.

Yes, that's two Trillion seconds, or 64,109 years of playtime.

64,000 years ago:
  • Neanderthal walked the Earth.
  • Modern Man had yet to set foot in Asia.
  • The Battle Rifle was Hitscan.
We couldn't have done it without you, our fans. Literally. Thanks a billion for all the good games and the continued community support. We're in awe of the success Halo 3 has been met with, but we're not done yet. Stick around and stay tuned, there's definitely more to come.

Love, Bungie.

Back