Game Disappointments in the Graphics Realm

This is an even bigger issue
It's amazing how audio can so simply and easily change the experience in a game.

I feel audio is generally very underappreciated in games in general, not just racing games. Very little understanding of audio in games by the audience, including myself, IMO.

So the cardboard trees, from one section of the trailer, are gone in the real game play videos.
The bad engine sound seems to have been improved significantly, based on the VVV report.
Some hated the presence of old car models in GT6 (optional, but they exist so it's confusing), they are gone in GTS.

Weather and time of day were not ready, and this is what eveybody use for eye candy. The next trailer should be much improved, they have to show some rain and some golden hour shots.

This game in VR is going to be damn good. It's competitor will be project cars, but we won't see a VR of that game I don't think (on console)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So who is gonna try to get this off Ebay first? ;)

received_1116573798407075-jpeg.550137

I'd buy it at a *decent* price :p

And despite all my criticisms, PD are still the king when it comes to realistic lighting

I'm sure you can convince some people that this is real footage from nurburgring (if you mute it of course :p)

Sure, if most trees around the Nurburgring were identical to most other trees around the track, and if the grass at the Nurburgring was that unnatural green, and...

No...Just no. The lighting does look pretty good though.

Regards,
SB

Lighting's 'off screen' which always gives games an added realism. And I'm certainly not seeing anything that'dbetter than the rivals. While the reeating patterns in the trees are very off-putting for me. They set up an 'interference' that really distracts, almost like a graphical glitch with the game drawing the same sprite witout moving it properly.

And despite all my criticisms, PD are still the king when it comes to realistic lighting

I'm sure you can convince some people that this is real footage from nurburgring (if you mute it of course :p)
You should see the comparisons of the real lighting of the desert track to the GT Sport version, it's virtually spot on! :D

2 images of track in real life someone took recently:

It's what I thought originally, that the lighting/HDR is the best upgrade in graphics over GT6.

I took this from YT video so quality is garbage-tier but it shows off the HDR really well in comparison to lighting from GT6 also.

YxfRBNP.png

In general the videos also really show how much more tightly GT Sport is hitting 60 fps with no drops, it looks much smoother in every video I've seen, even when both streams are 60 fps version. Plus it's at 1920x1080 versus the 1280x1080 of GT6 gameplay I think.

Last edited:

OK that pretty good, even great. Sense of speed, great lighting and you can feel how tight the controls are. I am gonna buy this definitely. Why didn't they simply show a compilation of fast real gameplay like this in the trailer instead of their unimpressive cinematic bullshit displaying all the graphically meh environment? :rolleyes:

But that sound though.

Lighting's 'off screen' which always gives games an added realism. And I'm certainly not seeing anything that'dbetter than the rivals. While the reeating patterns in the trees are very off-putting for me. They set up an 'interference' that really distracts, almost like a graphical glitch with the game drawing the same sprite witout moving it properly.

Which rivals are we talking about here?

AC/PC?

FM6?

All three have move stylized/less realistic lighting than GTS. I'm not talking about the trees or the assets or w/e, simply lighting which (again) looks leaps and bounds better to me than the other sims. And somehow, every time it's PD that nails that, no matter how incompetent they seem to be in other areas.

Last edited:
Back