Game Disappointments in the Graphics Realm

It was a bit easy to tell. The first pic comparison made it pretty obvious the right one is GT Sport, the tree lighting and such :(

Lets face it, if you pick a super premium car, GT Sports looks miles better than Forza, the only terrible parts are the sound and the none PS4 spec models that they should just bin.

If Forza is the one on the left, then I think Forza looks better, though neither looks awful. Proper screen grabs would be nice though, for comparison sake.

One of them is missing the driver side wing mirror in all the shots.

Driver on the right is just sitting too close to the wheel. Car tunnel syndrome.

2z3qwl4.jpg

It's partly preference. Many racers would prefer having stretched arms.
Most driving games allow you to configure how close you are to the window (certainly GT does).

And yeah, those are some interesting arms!

whats wrong with it?
Nothing, just sadface for the obvious comparison, made it very clear which one was newer/had more robust environment effects.

Was saying the tree lighting in Forza is like GT5/6 where it looks flat (trees are all the same shade of colour, no lighting on them except uniform brightness basically), whereas in GT Sport you actually see lighting on the trees based on the direction of sunlight, and even trees casting shadows on themselves and other trees.

It looks much better on GT Sport imo.

I don't really agree. This latest video looks very good. The sole reason why I am underwhelmed is because of fixed times of day and no weather. Even without that, the environments need more movement. But otherwise, the game looks really good and this looks a lot better from the previous showing already - super smooth, great glints of sunlight when that goes over the cars at speed, improved shaders, very good shadows and contrast. Can't wait to try it out, and it will definitely sell me a VR headset if they don't screw the implementation of that up somehow. I think I will literally base which VR helmet I purchase first basically on whether Assetto Corsa or this is better with VR ;)

Oh and the trees - much better also. ;) And they are pretty well lit (not common in other race games)

After DC's real time GI, dynamic weather and infinitely better environment detail, both look terrible in relativity :). But yeah the ones on the right look more natural to me at least lighting and shadow wise, it's almost like there's a light bounce for the interior.

Yes, looks ok. But so do every other racing sim available imo. Right now, nothing that blows my mind, something GT stands for imo.

Also, do they have any news about car crash physics and damage model? Or is it still bumper car paradise? Is there an impact this time?

How is graphic of GT Sport compared with Froza 6 and others? On par? Better or worse

I'd say lighting alone is far better than any other sim I've played. Asset quality and the sort is hard to call from videos, need to get the final game to compare. I'm really liking the look of the E3 gameplay to be honest, and i was kinda disappointed by the initial reveal few weeks ago.

Back