Forza Motorsport 7 [XO, XPA, PC]

It does indiciate that the back buffer size is being altered directly by the scale. So to improve performance one can reduce the scale and have it upscale back to the desired resolution.

Seems to make sense.

The question then becomes, which does a better job at resolution scaling? The game? Or nvidia drivers?

There are some facets of the implementation that are unknown which could make the game implementation far better.

For example if my monitor was native 1080p. If I render at 50%, does it use lower resolution assets? If it renders at 200%, does it use higher resolution (4k) assets? When down or upsampling, how is it being done? Etc.

Regards,
SB

wtf is going on here LOL wtf
Focal sound system, special edition game, thousands of $ projector, hundred of thousands $ lambo, XBOX S (or maybe he is so freakin rich he got an X early?), special modification (and extra hardware?) to make it compatible and have force feedback another extra $......he actually steps on the lambo to put all the stuff on it like its nothing.....
How the hell does it have force feedback??

Focal sound system, special edition game, thousands of $ projector, hundred of thousands $ lambo, XBOX S (or maybe he is so freakin rich he got an X early?), special modification (and extra hardware?) to make it compatible and have force feedback another extra $......he actually steps on the lambo to put all the stuff on it like its nothing.....
How the hell does it have force feedback??
LOL I know! I was so confused!

Wow wtf. Some kind of analog layered sensors under the wheels to track X movement?

The best part in the video: when he passes between two cars in the game and he funnily starts giggling like a child. I must have replayed that countless of times. :LOL:

Hmmm some good bad news here.

The F7 1X patch has dropped and it upgrades the consoles to support the 1X edition. This is great.

The PC version also gets the 1X patch. Lol. And it's graphics are updated to match the 1X. And has a huge slew of changes and fixes; which pretty much meant PC was early access edition.

That being said. Will be interested to see the final compare of pre and post patch on PC. And the same for 1X

Hmmm some good bad news here.

The F7 1X patch has dropped and it upgrades the consoles to support the 1X edition. This is great.

The PC version also gets the 1X patch. Lol. And it's graphics are updated to match the 1X. And has a huge slew of changes and fixes; which pretty much meant PC was early access edition.

That being said. Will be interested to see the final compare of pre and post patch on PC. And the same for 1X

Very interesting! So the comparison digital foundry did using the pc version isn't indicative of the 1X? And PC looks even better?

Does the cars improve even more too in detail?

Very interesting! So the comparison digital foundry did using the pc version isn't indicative of the 1X? And PC looks even better?

Does the cars improve even more too in detail?
We will need to wait and see.
I think textures are the same. I believe on PC it's the XBO version with texture pack. You can up things to ultra but not all the features are included from the 1X edition.

If you look at the pre-post patch pictures here on PC:

This is easy to spot. But DF is likely to be able to spot more minute items.

played the enhanced version on 1X. I enjoyed it a lot more. I don't have a 4K screen, so I'm playing the DSR variant. But I think it looks great. It doesn't run as smooth as a gysnc 144Hz monitor (duhh, lol), but overall it's really good.

it would be my preferred method of playing this title so far, I find the couch driving experience to be better than the desk driving experience. Still want a wheel dammit.

Made some clips, hoping to find them online soon so that I can link them here.
From the demo.
a) headlights, reflective lights off all rain
b) mist trails look way better
c) headlights do go onto cars! I was wrong (edit) no I wasn't wrong. the build gamersyde has does not reproduce the same results as the demo... will post soon.
d) not sure if the headlights cast shadows onto cars, in the rain it doesn't seem to. This could be different during a night time event though. I would suspect they would enable self shadowing cars in a night based event. I think FH3 has self shadowing cars

Last edited:
I just ordred FM6 for $20. I figured it's the best FM this gen. I already have FM5, which kind of sucks. It seems FM is on a even good, odd version not great trend.

Edit: I grabbed the Bugatti on the first spin, nice. Sounds and menus are nice. Graphics are acceptable for 60fps and a 1.3TB box. The aliasing is harsh though. I'm not a fan of the talking in the menus. the woman over explaining everything to me. I like the car selection. The Drivatards are funny, crashing into me and walls non-stop. The driving seems more forgiving than GT. I just turn off auto braking, but it seems I can take turns much faster than the line warns me for speed.

Now I just need a cheap USB wheel that works on a PS4 and XB1.

Last edited:
So as everyone knows, this game is on GamePass now. I bought Forza 5 at X1 launch and put about 20 hours into it before getting distracted by other games (a theme, I know). If you were me, would you bother going back and finishing Forza 5 or just move on and start Forza 7 instead? Is there any reason, given limited gaming time, to finish Forza 5 before going on to Forza 7?

So as everyone knows, this game is on GamePass now. I bought Forza 5 at X1 launch and put about 20 hours into it before getting distracted by other games (a theme, I know). If you were me, would you bother going back and finishing Forza 5 or just move on and start Forza 7 instead? Is there any reason, given limited gaming time, to finish Forza 5 before going on to Forza 7?
I can't speak for 5, but I thought Forza 6 was a better experience than 7 for some reason. I hated the UX in 7 although I still played a ton of it.

Of course, Forza Rewards is broken for 7 and they still haven't fixed it.

Back