Formula 1 - 2017 Season

Exactly how is it telling anything? Her cursed at Charlie, so what? Lots of drivers curse on the radio and don't forget that cursing doesn't always sound as bad to non native English speakers as it does to native speakers. For example shit (the English word) is used in Dutch quite often without carrying a heavy load unlike in the US. Not saying cursing at Charlie or cursing in general is OK but they are busy driving, adrenaline is flowing and I can understand polite language is probably not the first thing on their minds when they feel they are getting penalized unfairly.

Same for multi 21. So he wanted to win and did so by being an ass. You don't become WDC by being nice. Perez didn't let his teammate through last race despite the team asking and in Baku they crashed into each other. Verstappen didn't let Sainz pass either despite the team asking etc. Schumacher dove clean into his opponents on two occasions in an attempt to win and if Rosberg ever opens up about it I'm sure Hamilton hasn't always been exactly nice/fair either.

Grosjean and Maldonado are totally different as those two just crashed into anyone and everything by themselves.
I have no problem with cursing per se, but going after Charlie is disrespectful and shows Vettel can't get a handle on his emotions. Did you read his apology after the fact? It was sooo over the top. He drove into Hamilton on purpose which shows he can't handle his emotions.

Vettel can't handle his emotions in a very competitive and tense context, for a few minutes. After that , he usually returns to being his cerebral and calculated self. Sounds like most of us..

Vettel can't handle his emotions in a very competitive and tense context, for a few minutes. After that , he usually returns to being his cerebral and calculated self. Sounds like most of us..
Road rage is a serious problem and a 4 time world champion needs to put a lid on that. F1 drivers do what normal people can't do, it's not too much to ask of them to not go into road rage. Go forth as a shining example and all that sporting hero stuff.

That may be, but for me events like these also portray the imperfect, human aspect of these world class drivers. It makes them fell more approachable.

But I say this because I do not view Vettel's action as completly losing control. He drove along Hamilton who was going about slowly and predictably, and he did drive into him just enoungh to touch him safely. If I had a different view on it, I'd had instead to agree with you. Of course we'll never know the thruth, we cannot read his mind

And still in this instance, I much rather was disgusted when Hamiltion realised he was behing Vettel after he served his penalty. Only then he came live to say "I feel 10 seconds was not enoungh", or something similar. He's disgraced himself too.

And still in this instance, I much rather was disgusted when Hamiltion realised he was behing Vettel after he served his penalty. Only then he came live to say "I feel 10 seconds was not enoungh", or something similar. He's disgraced himself too.
Many feel Vettel should have been black flagged for what he did. I think 10 seconds was a "very light" penalty, but doubt he will get away as lightly if attempted again. The officials will most likely take into account Vettel's short fuse behavior in future incidents.

Only then he came live to say "I feel 10 seconds was not enoungh", or something similar. He's disgraced himself too.
10 seconds stop and go for using his car as a battering ram in the way he did is getting off lightly. It's not something that's acceptable under any circumstances.

Regardless. I was saying that Hamilton only complained after he realized that Vetells penalty is not enoungh to offset his problems with his headrest. That's what I found disgusting
So you think that having a poorly fitting headrest should have the same penalty as using your car as a battering ram deliberately? Because Hamilton was stationary for 9.3 seconds (I believe that's what Channel 4 said, anyway) to change his headrest. The timing of his complaint is irrelevant.

The timing of his complaint is exactly what reveled his hipocrisy to me.

The headrest issue is not a penalty (in a sense, it's mercedes's fault) hence it is not at all comparable

The timing of his complaint is exactly what reveled his hipocrisy to me.

The headrest issue is not a penalty (in a sense, it's mercedes's fault) hence it is not at all comparable
In the same way that the stop and go isn't a penalty (in a sense, it's Vettel's fault). Hamilton got told by the stewards / race director that he had to pit to fix an issue on the car.

How is complaining about Vettel getting off lightly hypocritical? Vettel *should* have been disqualified. You say that you like the events of the race because it made the drivers feel more approachable (I guess you specifically mean Vettel for giving in to road rage), yet you are "disgusted" by Hamilton complaining that after someone acted in an unsportsmanlike dangerous manner they still managed to end up ahead of him. Who wouldn't complain about that? Every single driver on that grid would have made the same complaint in that situation.

So you think that having a poorly fitting headrest should have the same penalty as using your car as a battering ram deliberately? Because Hamilton was stationary for 9.3 seconds (I believe that's what Channel 4 said, anyway) to change his headrest. The timing of his complaint is irrelevant.
See this is a load of crap, twisting things.

1. Prove that Vettel deliberately ran into Lewis, To me it looks accidental while he was loosing his shit ( going full retard), Intent is very important. Have you ever turned your head to check behind you (merging etc) only to find the steering wheel moving in the same direction?

2. Lewis didn't get a penalty, if he had of stayed out he would have and then they would have to perform the change.

The Hyperbole that going around ( check reddit etc) from people pushing this view point, one they cant back up is insane.

Hamilton is hypocritical in a sense that he held speeches about how a driver should be, and Vettel is not .. While in the race he only cared about Vettel being punished enoungh so that he's ahead of him. If he wouldn't have tried to enlighten us about how Vettel is a disgrace, I'd have no complaint about him.

Hamilton is hypocritical in a sense that he held speeches about how a driver should be, and Vettel is not .. While in the race he only cared about Vettel being punished enoungh so that he's ahead of him. If he wouldn't have tried to enlighten us about how Vettel is a disgrace, I'd have no complaint about him.
Kinda ironic complaining about that, given the outbursts from Vettel in the past over the radio (particularly the incident in Mexico last year where he ended up swearing at Charlie), and general criticism of what he considers poor driving.

2. Lewis didn't get a penalty, if he had of stayed out he would have and then they would have to perform the change.
He technically didn't get a penalty. He was instructed to pit by the stewards, he didn't get a choice, and if he hadn't done it he would have been reprimanded. That is, to all intents and purposes, the same as getting a penalty. It was functionally identical to a (very close to) 10 second stop-and-go penalty.

He technically didn't get a penalty. He was instructed to pit by the stewards, he didn't get a choice, and if he hadn't done it he would have been reprimanded. That is, to all intents and purposes, the same as getting a penalty. It was functionally identical to a (very close to) 10 second stop-and-go penalty.
STOP making stuff up!

Mercedes where instructed to fix it, they tried to on the track and couldn't. They had to pit to fix it. If this is a penalty then do we go to play revisionist history and every time a car has had to pit because of safety is now a "penalty"?

Seriously........

The funny thing is i am in now way a Seb fan (the pain of Korea is real), I just cant stand to see such piss poor logic and 1/2 truths...

Back