Formula 1 - 2010 Season

Tomorrow is going to be amazing. Webber has to overtake. Hamilton must win. Vettel must win. Webber must win. This is going to be super!

Hamilton has to do more than win. He has to make sure Alonso crashes into webber or something.

Hamilton has to do more than win. He has to make sure Alonso crashes into webber or something.
Hamilton needs to win above all else. Then there has to be something that happens to the other contenders, but he needs to win.

I can't see Alonso not winning the title. He is the only driver that doesn't need to depend on other drivers' results.

He still needs to take the car to the finish line. His engine has pretty long mileage and chances are he does have to push the whole race. Also Hamilton and Webber might try risky overtaking maneuvers, so there is plenty of danger for Alonso tomorrow. What an epic end to the season nevertheless!

You're assuming he has the same number of miles on all those engines?

Thats what I said half a dozen times already but nobody seems to care about that. Anyway I read alonso will use the Bahrain engine for tomorrow and that engine is practically new as they only used in in bahrain and 3 free practice sessions. However that was the engine they switched because it was overheating and after that Ferrari got permission to update their engines. Not sure if they are allowed to change all engines in such a case though.

Fucking piece of shit russian screwing up the race for Alonso. Seriously, for a whole season this guy has been making mistakes and crashing into everything he could but today that failure suddenly has to do his best ever. Alonso should just torpedo himself into that shit car a the end of the GP.

FUCK YEAH!!! Vettel wins. As I said earlier in this thread, good to see the fastest F1 driver win the drivers title and without any team orders. Hell of a drive by Vitaly Petrov.

Well, I'd have preferred Webber to have done better as I think there will be plenty more chances for Vettel, probably not so for Webber. At least we have another World Champ on the grid next year - well done Vettel.

Continue using this thread for the end of the 2010 season discussion, but there is a F1 2011 thread here for the build up to 2011, including the immediate tests.

Alonso did look like he was going to torpedo Petrov at the end of the race :)

With hindsight a bad call by Ferrari trying to cover Webber, should have just continued going.

Seb was the fastest driver over the year so well deserved.

With hindsight a bad call by Ferrari trying to cover Webber, should have just continued going.

Yep that was a complete mistake on the decision to bring Alonso in, they made sure he'd come out of the pit ahead of Webber, but they screwed up letting him come out behind someone who had already stopped.

Yep that was a complete mistake on the decision to bring Alonso in, they made sure he'd come out of the pit ahead of Webber, but they screwed up letting him come out behind someone who had already stopped.

Only one someone wouldn't have been as bad, but it was 2. If there was only one car in front of him he may have tried pushing just that little bit harder and gotten past. By the end of the race there was 3 cars in front of him. It was a big big screw up. They should have realized what happened to Mark and just left him out. Unless Alonso's tires were completely off, the decision they made was extremely bad even at the time. I'm' guessing they thought that Webber was going to be able to get past the cars in front and then go faster. The way the race went it looks like Webber knew that he couldn't do what was needed and just hung back and took it easy. Not the way I thought the race would go at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back