Formula 1 - 2009 Season

Finally the workers have found a union and stood up to the evil factory bosses ! :D

Max has won so many times I wonder how he will handle this?

Fuck? No, but "Yeah, finally!".

Max & co. can go fwck themselves, with the new series everyone will be happier, especially the teams and fans.

Fuck? No, but "Yeah, finally!".

Max & co. can go fwck themselves, with the new series everyone will be happier, especially the teams and fans.
Most people won't understand what is happening and they will be annoyed and stop caring. F1 is a luxury, not a necessity.

Well F1 is definitely screwed, but as for the new series who knows. Maybe they'll do it better than FIA. It's not like FIA are doing their job well.

Getting tracks, sponsors, TV networks and all the organisation of races, testing, etc are not easy though. Some networks are contracted with FIA for F1 for several years. Not sure if they can make the switch that easy. But the most important thing is where will the fans and audience side. F1 or the new series. If they're split, then yeah the sport is screwed.

The die hard fans will probably take a side, but the vast majority of fans who are not die hard will most likely just stop caring.

Me? I'm annoyed, but I will follow Fernando Alonso.

What make those not so die hard fans care to watch it in the first place ? Is it the drivers, the teams, the cars or the FIA F1 brand ?

My thought is the not so diehard fan stop watching during the Ferrari domination. Still though this new series need top notch promotion. FOTA can't just throw their brands around and expect to be successful. FIA is very good at gathering sponsors and throwing their weight around in marketing. That's where the money is. But I don't think they can do that without some of the FOTA members.

My thought is the not so diehard fan stop watching during the Ferrari domination. Still though this new series need top notch promotion. FOTA can't just throw their brands around and expect to be successful. FIA is very good at gathering sponsors and throwing their weight around in marketing. That's where the money is. But I don't think they can do that without some of the FOTA members.
FIA? Don't you mean FOM and FOA?

Yeah, the Formula One Group. FIA has given them the right to F1 and teams. Which is also the reason for all these politics. I just group them all under FIA for ease of discussion.

The new series may need to create a new group for their promotion. It's not that easy nor simple. The politics between sponsors, networks, etc can get rather ugly and can sink the sport even further if not managed properly.

Indeed, and that is why this is such a big bag of sux.

The FIA WMSC should get rid of Mosley and then things may just magically appear to fix themselves.

Most people won't understand what is happening

I don't think so, the topic has been well discussed and quite present in the media. And since the last nazi-hooker story, everyone thinks of them as a bunch of perverted greedy bastards anyway.

and they will be annoyed and stop caring. F1 is a luxury, not a necessity.

Most people I know stopped caring years ago, actually ever since this regulations idiocy started (even back then when slicks were removed for the first time). So I think it won't be THAT bad after all.

I think the new series will find more than enough viewers, everyone will see that as the "real" F1 soon.

V3: I'm pretty sure the sponsors will follow the big brands. And I'm pretty sure the TV etc. will be very interested, especially because the rights will be a real bargain in comparison to the current ripoff we have.

I don't think so, the topic has been well discussed and quite present in the media. And since the last nazi-hooker story, everyone thinks of them as a bunch of perverted greedy bastards anyway.

Most people I know stopped caring years ago, actually ever since this regulations idiocy started (even back then when slicks were removed for the first time). So I think it won't be THAT bad after all.

I think the new series will find more than enough viewers, everyone will see that as the "real" F1 soon.
I hope so, but I doubt it. Champcar had the best teams and best drivers but they lacked the Indy 500. Monaco has to go with Ferrari (thus FOTA).

If anything the networks would sue FIA for not living up to their obligations.

Cheers
We don't know what those are, but if they are along the lines of n cars on the grid, the FOM can certainly provide that.

Monaco is the most boring race
Monaco is the most glamorous and prestigious race in F1 and it is very intimate. People who go there say it is incredible even though the racing can be processional.

Back