Formula 1 - 2009 Season

As far as I know there isnt anything being sold regarding full race seasons, certainly not of the old days. Do a google for racing underground and check out that site. I heard some good things about them as far as content goes and if they've got nothing available maybe the people at their forum (if they got one) can help you.

It's invite only :(

Button was great and Brawn's the master of strategy.

Hamilton was incredible off the line, Alonso bogged down though the move he made on Trulli was very brave. Räikkönen finally scored some points.

BMW are totally in the shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know bbc shows fuel weight adjusted lap times for qualifying b4 the race starts

I haven't seen their predictions for the last two races but their first attempts were well off (especially Malaysia IIRC they vastly overestimated the fuel usage per lap which put their fuel-corrected grid out of whack).

The Brawn car is not good on low-fuel runs while it's mighty with a decent fuel load. Weird.

Most likely very soft on tyres - can't generate the heat in a quali run but can keep the tyres fresher for longer in a race stint.

Minimum weight limit is 605kg including driver so everything above that is fuel. All cars actually weight alot less than 605kg btw, there is atleast 100kg+ of ballast in the cars.

Except for the KERS guys, who have traded some of that relocatable ballast for fixed KERS weight. Still total 605kg though, of course.

I thought KERS cars are heavier ? ie they traded fuel for KERS ? Anyway I think KERS is great addition for racing, but they need to allow more horsepower and longer run of KERS per lap.

I thought KERS cars are heavier ? ie they traded fuel for KERS ? Anyway I think KERS is great addition for racing, but they need to allow more horsepower and longer run of KERS per lap.

Nope, they're not, but the teams without KERS have the luxury of spreading the same weight in the best way for car balance

That's why it doesn't benefit Kubica who already has balance issues with his height related weight.

BMW said whilst all other teams applied updates each race, they chose to apply everything in one go at barcelona. Will be intresting to see where they will be.

I am also guessing who will have diffusers at Barcelona, probably a couple of teams?

Some teams can carry less fuel when they fit KERS because they fit the system under the fuel cell and thus have to use a slightly smaller fuel cell.

Ahh I see, so when they talked about the KERS cars having weight disadvantage and less fuel those are the reasons.

I really like those KERS boost. Just wish it last longer, I think it'll create more interesting race situations instead of just in certain parts of the track.

I hate KERS. ''Push to pass'', how can that ever be called motor racing? KERS like it is now is just a waste of everything. If they really wanted teams to build something that would be usefull in road cars (go race in le-mans i'd say, that is alot more relevant to road car tech...) they should have made KERS rule free. Just allow them to recover as much as they can, any way they can, and let them apply it any way they can.

I hate KERS. ''Push to pass'', how can that ever be called motor racing? KERS like it is now is just a waste of everything. If they really wanted teams to build something that would be usefull in road cars (go race in le-mans i'd say, that is alot more relevant to road car tech...) they should have made KERS rule free. Just allow them to recover as much as they can, any way they can, and let them apply it any way they can.

Have to admit I agree - I can't say I'm a big fan of KERS. It just seems tacky and artificial to me. I'm sure the teams would be happy to ditch it given the opportunity.

So McLaren admitted it all and the FIA WMSC hit them with a suspended 3 race ban which will come into effect if McLaren breaches the "bringing the sport into disrepute" regulation or if new more damning information comes out.

I think McLaren were wise to admit it all and for Ron Dennis to walk away. If not, the penalty could have driven Mercedes-Benz out of F1 and left the McLaren team in ruins.

My first reaction was it is a light sentence for the crime, but Mosley's subsequent interview is revealing. Looks like the light sentence was the olive branch for the removal of Ron from the F1 side of the operation.

I think it was a good decision because:

1. Martin Whitmarsh apologised very well
2. Hamilton was disqualified already from the GP in question and already apologised losing face and putting his own reputation at stake
3. The person deemed responsible was sacked from McLaren
4. Ron Dennis is out of F1 (no idea why that is relevant to be honest other than some silly interpolitics)
5. Banning McLaren would have skewed the races and perhaps affected Mercedes decision to stay in F1
6. McLaren have lost reputation as well (potentially affecting sponsorship deals and drivers inclination to stay at/move to McLaren and have made decisions to ensure their is a change of culture within the garage. Away from the culture of "dishonesty" and into a new era of truth, justice and kissing Max Mosley's ass.

Everyone should be happy!! Now lets get racing...

I hate KERS. ''Push to pass'', how can that ever be called motor racing?

The "Push to Pass" notion has historical precident in F1 - it was commonly used in the Turbo era.

Before the start of the season I'd contemplated whether the changes (KERS for only a set amount of energy per lap and two wing changes per lap) would feel too contrived, but so far I'm actually enjoying more than I expected. Perhaps that partly down to the mix of KERS and non-KERS cars and the fact that the non-KERS cars have better aero properties.

Well... Mercedes still needs to supply the engine for Brawn and Force India... They can't suddenly pull out from F1, at least not this season anyway.... and I believe Brawn GP is still looking for major sponsors... :)

Btw, how wide exactly is the ban? can McLaren still develop their cars within the suspend/ban period?

The "Push to Pass" notion has historical precident in F1 - it was commonly used in the Turbo era.

Before the start of the season I'd contemplated whether the changes (KERS for only a set amount of energy per lap and two wing changes per lap) would feel too contrived, but so far I'm actually enjoying more than I expected. Perhaps that partly down to the mix of KERS and non-KERS cars and the fact that the non-KERS cars have better aero properties.

Unless you're Barrichello... or Vettel....
Probably if KERS is mandatory then we will see even more overtaking. But as it is right now, although as a viewer I really enjoy it, but it seems pretty frustrating if the slower car in front of you have KERS.
Btw, I chuckle a little when they showed the cam in Barrichello car with him raising his hand whenever (if I'm not mistaken) Piquet push his magic button. :)

My first reaction was it is a light sentence for the crime, but Mosley's subsequent interview is revealing. Looks like the light sentence was the olive branch for the removal of Ron from the F1 side of the operation.
Nice of him to admit he had it in for Mclaren because of a personal fued, which is basically what you've said.

Anyone else want to take up the argument about Mclaren being screwed over again in light of this new evidence :devilish:

Mosley might have had it in for Dennis, but McLaren were doing just fine getting into trouble all on their own.

Back