Formula 1 - 2009 Season

Isn't Red Bull Racing an Austrian team? Why did they play the British national anthem for the winning constructor?
Red Bull the energy drink company is Austrian, but Red Bull the racing team is from the UK (based on on the defunct Stewart/Ford->Jaguar teams).

Yeah, but they are racing under an Austrian licence. :?:

Last edited by a moderator:
One of these things....

Now that teams like Ferrari are making nothing out of it they might give up this season and work on next season. Which makes no point of racing if teams are competing away from each other.

There is no point in working on a car that is fundamentally flawed either. Besides its not a problem. We got a bunch of new teams on top now, so they have fundamentally good cars that they can develop further also for next year and compete now. Than we got the old teams that used to be on top that have the financials to actually make sure they can compete again next year. So it only means we'll just have 1 season of other teams on top and the teams that used to be on top fighting for what is left. Not much different from how it used to be. Top teams on top and other teams that just couldnt catch up anyway.

This thread is turning into a Bludd solo party, but since the mod I requested isn't likely to be installed here, I'll make new posts.

This is really cool stuff, however, and worthy of its own post. I'm digging the dining table and I wish I could go to the exhibition. You Londoners should go there and report back.

"The ‘Fast Forward’ exhibition is free and will remain at the Science Museum until the Spring of 2010. The museum is open daily from 10.00 to 18.00 and can be found in Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London."

This thread is turning into a Bludd solo party, but since the mod I requested isn't likely to be installed here, I'll make new posts.

This is really cool stuff, however, and worthy of its own post. I'm digging the dining table and I wish I could go to the exhibition. You Londoners should go there and report back.

"The ‘Fast Forward’ exhibition is free and will remain at the Science Museum until the Spring of 2010. The museum is open daily from 10.00 to 18.00 and can be found in Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London."

That's cool indeed, but tbh felt more like "carbon fibre commercial" :D

lola and aston martin are considering f1

That "Aston Martin" would be Prodrive, who was supposed to come to F1 in 2008 with full package bought from McLaren, but all the teams didn't agree on buying full cars etc from another teams.

MCV outlines Codemasters' upcoming plans for games based on Formula 1 racing, saying sensational world champion Lewis Hamilton will make his game debut in the autumn launch of F1 2009 for PSP and Wii, to be followed next spring by F1 2010, a high resolution game for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Word is:

This title boasts an ‘authentic’ F1 experience, and makes use of Codemasters’ EGO Engine technology, which powered the BAFTA award-winning Race Driver: GRID.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/34043/Codemasters-unveils-F1-line-up

Cant wait, for ea's f1 challenge ive only got seasons 1997 to 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
That "Aston Martin" would be Prodrive, who was supposed to come to F1 in 2008 with full package bought from McLaren, but all the teams didn't agree on buying full cars etc from another teams.
Well, yes and no. David Richards led a buyout of Aston Martin from Ford so it is actually Aston Martin even though they will be using Prodrive facilities that are unused because Subaru left WRC.

Yeah I love the way F1 cars spin on the invisible wheel in the centre of the car.
What do you mean?

I've played GRID a lot and I don't know what you are on about.

Ah, well, that might be so. I don't like strict driving simulators, so I don't mind a bit of arcade physics.

Back