Finally PS3 and 360 side-by-side

So once a semester? I'm a college student and many of my friends in dorms leave their ps2's + 360's in the same spot. Some of you guys are acting like you're moving furniture lol. If you cant lift 5lb's, somebody needs to hit the gym.

You asked who would honestly move their console around and I gave an example. A lot of college students move their console from room to room all semester long to setup tournaments and what not. That is all.

Personally I like the look of the PS3, but only standing up. Lying sideways it just doesn't look right, it's meant to be standing. But the again I thought the same thing about the PS2.

BTW, the BlackKnight skins looks awesome for the X360.

agreed the PS3 looks much better standing up.

lying down it looks like an entertainment device from the 1970's. :LOL:

I do not like the white area around the blu-ray drive slot. I'd prefer that if it were gold colored, or silver/red, or something like that. Maybe even blue, like the playstation stands. Come to think of it, that kind of blue would look great with a white PS3.
It's silver/chrome. Not white.
You asked who would honestly move their console around and I gave an example. A lot of college students move their console from room to room all semester long to setup tournaments and what not. That is all.
Alright, fair enough.

lying down it looks like an entertainment device from the 1970's. :LOL:
No, it looks very much like an entertainment device from 2006 ;)
pls48lbby5.jpg

wires my dear watson wires
just got home from work (been drinking uploaded >mb fotos :oops: anyways, heres the floor under me at the moment, well t-minus10minutes )
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c26/zzeek/B.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c26/zzeek/A.jpg
the ideal would be zero wires, but internal vs external, give me internal anyday. eg take the common notebook im sure many here have used one, its a pain in the ass with a exteneral psu yes, wouldnt it be great just to grab the notebook, pull something out of it + stick that in the wall. or say u had the extra hassle with the extenral psu keep in mind u youve gotta pack that away in the notebook case as well, another component.
i agree the ps3 looks crap but to say the xbox1 looks better is time for walking away saying ok, whilst making finger circular rotation movements in the vicinity of the ear

Ew.

Still dont understand though. A console is not generally a mobile device. How often do you really move it around? For the vast majority that's very little. So you simply just have to tuck the wires behind something and they're gone..... for ever.

With the PSU inside you have to deal with the big hump...... for ever.

Laptops started out with the PSU internal, but slowly it was moved to external for heat reason. And it does have some additional benefits, such as easily replaced especially in areas with a lot of thunderstorm (and people are crazy enough not to use surge protector). Though, in the case of game console, it's usually the case of the optical drive going bad before the PSU. If Sony can truely deliver and viable internal PSU for the PS3, then it's awesome...My only gripe is why is the design so fugly.

I also like the fact that MS made 360 skinable. I love that idea. I hope Sony to follow that, because not everybody like glossy black (and don't want to wait for them to release other colors).

With the PSU inside you have to deal with the big hump...... for ever.

Do we even know if the PSU is the cause of the hump? Ever thought of the possibility it was a design decision? Anyways, I might be alone with this but I happen to like the look of the PS3. It reminds me of the ps2 design in many ways(for example a larger area on top of a smaller base area), but in other ways it looks more professional like the PSP. Black and Silver works very well. Matches my theater/electronics equipment almost perfectly (I think all my stuff is black/blue/silver, even my lian-li has the same color scheme). I dont stack my electronics so the hump really doesnt bother me. I think the PS3/Wii disc slots are pretty cool also. The weight and size dont bother me much as long as it runs cool and quiet. But these are just my personal opinions, if you find the PS3 ugly, I can't knock your opinion.

the design looks nice but my only problem is that it dosent look stackable. i like to have a flat surface above my equipment incase i want to stack a smaller size componant on top or put my rented games above to remind me i rented somthing. one of the reasons i like the old and new ps2

also i dont really mind the psu much since its usually out of sight. i think they should have made it external. not only for light weight but to remove some unforseen interference with other cables

Ugh.

I don't mind the size, or the weight, but every time I see pics of the PS3 I have to wonder how many people were on crack when they agreed on that design. It's just fugly.

I think the 360 is a bit toyish looking, but hey... it's a toy. It isn't a piece of art, but it isn't visually insulting either. The PS3 is.

my thoughts are:

360: tries too hard to be _the_ cool thing, the one and only for mountain dew drinkers, skaters, snowboarders, pimpmyriders, in short it's designed for the mtv youth.
to me it looks like a cheap, unsightly something.

ps3: tries too hard to look like an expensive consumer electronic device without alienating the ps2 customers. the result is boring but at least not cheap looking.

wii: tries to ride the simplistic apple design wave obviously (see ds lite). looks pretty good though, but somehow lacks individualism imho.

But to me looks are negligible. Ergonomics are more important imho: is the controller comfortable? is it loud? is the interface (dashboard) seamlessly fast? and so on.

wires my dear watson wires
just got home from work (been drinking uploaded >mb fotos :oops: anyways, heres the floor under me at the moment, well t-minus10minutes )
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c26/zzeek/B.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c26/zzeek/A.jpg
the ideal would be zero wires, but internal vs external, give me internal anyday. eg take the common notebook im sure many here have used one, its a pain in the ass with a exteneral psu yes, wouldnt it be great just to grab the notebook, pull something out of it + stick that in the wall. or say u had the extra hassle with the extenral psu keep in mind u youve gotta pack that away in the notebook case as well, another component.
i agree the ps3 looks crap but to say the xbox1 looks better is time for walking away saying ok, whilst making finger circular rotation movements in the vicinity of the ear

Ca't agree. How stupid would it be to add weight to a laptop with a internal psu when you don't need it if you are running on batteries? Very stupid...

You only use the brick when you use the AC.

And about the ps3:

I think having spent so much money on the thing they should have done a better job on it's looks. That said though the ps2 must have been the worst looking console of all time, so looks should not matter much when it comes to sales. I could't care less about looks anyway.

Imo, the PS3 has an unatural looking curve to it, a bit like the old style DS but not as clunky.

Back