Finally PS3 and 360 side-by-side

It looks much sleeker than the 360. The glossy finish makes it look like a high-end piece of electronics and since it's black will blend in much better with people's entertainment systems.

Most people who have bought electronics fairly recently probably have silver equipment. The only thing black in my entertainment center is the satellite receiver.

That's one nice thing about the 360 faceplates. Although I would never waste my money on one, people who are picky about having matching everything in their entertainment center can get a faceplate to match just about anything.

I feel that comparison is a little unfair.

brick.jpg

s44d9448d5d207.jpg

KEEP IT REAL !

Archy

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay hide it away. What will you do with your double whopper sized HD player ? Hide it too ?

Archy
Are you being serious or just trolling? If you're serious, then add a Media Center Extender to the PS3 pic to "match features". So silly...:rolleyes:

Since when do people sit their PSUs on the shelf with their console?

Honestly, I do (for the 360, that is). I have no other place that I feel has adequate ventilation for the brick. I was not (and still am not) interested in experimenting with ventilation and heat with my $400+ investment. Oh, and you better believe my PS3 will damn near have its own zip code to make sure it has enough ventilation. Here's hoping it comes with a 1 year warranty out of the box, the same as the slim line PS2.

Are you being serious or just trolling? If you're serious, then add a Media Center Extender to the PS3 pic to "match features". So silly...:rolleyes:

Hopefully, you won't need to. Such features may very well be included in the box:

As expected, the drive will allow the PlayStation 3 to act as a home media server, which can store and manipulate various different types of media that can then be accessed from other devices.

Streaming media from another device, such as a share on a PC, isn't too big of a leap.

Okay hide it away. What will you do with your double whopper sized HD player ? Hide it too ?

Archy

I'm sure quite a few people would rather keep the extra $200 in their pocket than get an HD player they have no use for ;)

As it stands I don't have to hide anything since I wasn't forced into buying it.

Huge and ugly!

I thought the Xbox 360 was ugly, but the PS3 makes the 360 look like art.

I personally would much rather the PSU be external if it kept the box from being in such an odd shape and so large. I have a ton of room behind my entertainment center to place the brick, but I do not have the room nor want to see such a ugly piece of equipment on one of the shelves.

Powderkeg, the rest of the console is still white.

edit: lol nice last second edit there. System skins are for the most part not of the same quality as having the orginal console a specific color. And most average joe's probably wouldnt know anything about them.

edit2:
this black knight case is pretty damn sexy though..
xcm-bknight-470.jpg

but again, how many average joe's would do this?

Streaming media from another device, such as a share on a PC, isn't too big of a leap.

Maybe. Maybe not. Whether it's supported out of the box, or able to be added later is a huge question I have. If you have to chip it, that's not really the PS3's functionality.

My current Xbox with XBMC is the leading console with media functionality (soft-modded, so I didn't need to chip it - but again, it's hardly "out of the box"). I'm basing my next gen purchase on which console hooks into my living room the most effectively.

Size-wize, it's huge. I could fit a couple of Dreamcasts in it! But if it's in my cabinet I don't really care.

concerning console looks only the xb360 looks better than ps3
but of course the xb360 needs an external PSU which does detract significantly visually from it (not to mention those that buy an external HD-dvd)

Back